Students majoring in anthropology for the B.A. degree in anthropology must declare such by the time they have completed 60 semester hours. Majors must complete a minimum of 36 semester hours in anthropology with a grade of C (2.0) or better in each course, at least 19 hours of which must be at the upper-division level and a minimum of 15 semester hours must be taken from UC Denver faculty. (Note that all upper-division courses have lower-division prerequisites).
The chart below provides you with a table of the requirements. You may wish to print a copy of this table for your records.
Required Introductory Courses
- ANTH 1303 Introduction to Biological Anthropology -- 4 credits
- ANTH 2102 Culture and the Human Experience -- 3 credits
- ANTH 4801 Senior Seminar: The Anthropological Perspective (currently 4810-Integrating Anthropology) -- 3 credits
Take Three of the Following:
- ANTH 1302 Introduction to Archaeology -- 4 credits
- ANTH 3101 Human Culture -- 3 credits
- ANTH 3121 Language and Communication -- 3 credits
- ANTH 3301 Archaeology and Prehistory -- 3 credits
- ANTH 3512 Issues in Human Evolution -- 3 credits
Total Elective Units Remaining: 17-18
- ANTH 4050 Quantitative Methods in Anthropology -- 3 credits