The 2015-2016 President's Diversity Fund application forms are open for Students, Staff and Faculty on CU Denver and CU Anschutz Medical Campuses.
Please Note: There is no more CU Denver Student Funding Opportunities Available.
Event and Professional Development Request/Conference Travel requests must be submitted to the review committee (4) four weeks prior to the event or conference travel.
The President's Diversity Fund supports both traditional and innovative projects that enhance diversity ("diversity" refers to gender, race, social class, nationality, sexual orientation, ability, religion,and Veteran status) within the University of Colorado’s system. Proposals might include requests for:
- Exhibits, performances, productions, workshops
- Ethnic/cultural celebrations designed to enhance the university community’s knowledge, awareness, and appreciation of various cultures
- Travel funds to strengthen strategies for student networking, professional development, and participation at relevant state, regional, or national conferences
- Visiting scholars/artists/lecturers
Guidelines for Proposals:
The “President’s Diversity Fund Review Committee” will review each request and decide how much funding will be granted ($1,000.00 is the max)
- An applicant or organization could receive up to $2,000.00 for the academic year with the understanding that priority will go towards organizations/individuals that have not received any funding in current application cycle.
- The “President’s Diversity Fund” will only fund an event once through a single funding source. Two separate entities will not be funded for a single event.
- Projects will be required to provide evidence (letter) that there is a fiscal contribution from the host campus.
- Evidence that the proposed project(s) will benefit the entire campus will receive priority.
- Project(s) must indicate that the group/individual will share information about the event with the campus. There will be an end of the year celebration where awardees will have the opportunity to share their information.
- Staff members who are submitting proposals on behalf of students must be employees of CU.
- Projects that request funding for group travel will be eligible to receive funding for up to two members of the group. No travel funds will be provided for travel outside the continental U.S.
- A written report/summary must be submitted to the Office of Inclusion and Outreach (firstname.lastname@example.org) within two (2) weeks after the event or travel. Failure to submit this report may be grounds for denying future funding requests.
The President's Diversity Fund Review Committee includes one Faculty member, one Staff member, one Student member and one Diversity and Inclusion Representative from each campus.
APPLICANTS must complete either the "Event Application" Request form or the "Travel Application" Request Form.
(Links to the Forms are located on the top left corner of this page.)
For more information please contact email@example.com