Skip to main content
Sign In

Human Resources

​​​This page contains helpful links and resources pertaining to Human Resources. This is a good starting point for HR inquiries. If you do not find what you are looking for please visit the CU Denver | CU Anschutz Human Resources Department website​, or inquire with your business partner.

Below are resources for new employee onboarding.

For departments hiring in Student Affairs, please refer to the student affairs hiring process​.​

More resources for employees can be found at the CU Denver | CU Anschutz Human Resources Department website​.


For university staff or classified staff separation please refer to the information below and work with your unit’s business partner.

Notice of resignation: A notice of resignation must be provided from the employee.

Acknowledgement of resignation letter: The employee must receive an acknowledgement letter from the university. Work with your business partner to ensure that is completed.

Separation Payout: Employees who are separating from the university may be entitled to a separation payout of their unused leave time. Individuals who are retiring may be paid for unused sick time, while most employees are paid out for their vacation time. To review these policies visit the Employee Services page.

The Checkout notification is required once the employee has separated from the university.​

Requests for Additional Pay must be processed through a units business partners and requires multilevel approval. This pay is non-base building & temporary in nature.

Additional Pay (AP) may require a Memorandum of understanding (MOU), or the utilization of the AP Form​. Please work with your business partner to determine how to best proceed with an additional pay request.​

Positions are limited to nine months of continuous employment with a four-month break OR nine months of employment in any 12 month period followed by a four-month break. Temporary employees are paid on a bi-weekly/hourly basis.

To request a hire of a 9 month Temporary employee, work with your unit's business partner and submit a brief job description along with the temporary questionnaire to central HR for processing click here.​

It is required for all employees to use My Leave to track their time.

If you are new and looking to set up My Leave, or learn My Leave basics, use the following links.

My Leave initial set up and time entry

In order for your business partner to load reported time to HCM in accordance with the payroll calendar deadlines, supervisors must approve submitted timesheets prior to the deadlines for both bi-weekly and monthly employees. Below you will find helpful My Leave resources for business partners.

Monthly time collection processes

Manually Entering Reported Time

Creating and Uploading Time and Leave Data into CU Time

My Leave for HCM Community Members​

For more information about time collection view the HCM Community page here.

Student positions are categorized into work-study positions and hourly positions. 

All student employees (undergraduate, graduate, professional) must be enrolled in some credit-earning capacity during the semester in which they are employed. 

For more information, refer to the Student Employment Handbook.

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.