PollEverywhere: Create Interactive Courses & Workshops
Faculty and staff can use Poll Everywhere to create, and host live polls, view audience responses, and download reports.Jan 16, 2023
Poll Everywhere, is an audience response system that can be used to increase students’ interaction/engagement, monitor participation/understanding, and streamline the teaching processes within the classroom. By creating meaningful activities to measure students’ understanding of content, instructors can effectively transform their classroom from a teacher-focused environment to student-centered methods. Empowering students to take ownership of their learning by creating a low-risk environment that quickly identifies individuals’ strengths and weaknesses within a subject area to focus their learning.
What does it achieve?
Polls can be used to engage students and spark conversations during class. In addition, you can use Poll Everywhere to gather students’ opinions on topics, create icebreakers to build community, and give a voice to all instead of just the loudest in the room. In addition, you can integrate your Poll Everywhere account with Canvas in order to assign grades to students for participating or for correct responses.
Ways to use PollEverywhere in the classroom
Check out ways that other individuals have used Poll Everywhere to enhance their classroom. After each poll, there is a link to a Poll Everywhere blog post which provides you with already made activities that you can copy into your own account and use right away.
- Icebreaker- start the class with a fun question in order to build comradery and connection
- Knowledge Check- have a poll for the information you just taught to see if students grasp the concept or not. Know exactly when you need to spend more time on a topic and when you can move on. Options for these polls include...
- Multiple Choice
- Clickable Image
- Competitions- gamify your lesson and create trivia competitions in your classroom based off of your content
- Word Cloud Activities- visually see responses from students to spark discussion.
- Pulse Check- check in with your students to see how they are doing. You can use a short answer poll, or an emotional scale. A great option is to post at the end of a module in order to get informal feedback about what concepts students have currently mastered.
- Here are some additional ways to use Polls in your classroom
Learn more about PollEverywhere with our team! We will be providing virtual trainings on how to best utilize all the features of Poll Everywhere. Register for a live training or watch our PollEverywhere video series.
Have you found a creative way to implement Poll Everywhere into your classroom or everyday work? Let us know by emailing TIPS@ucdenver.edu.