End of Semester Checklist
A checklist of some important tasks to complete before the semester ends!Apr 10, 2023
As the end of the semester approaches, it's time to start thinking about wrapping things up. Here is a checklist of some important tasks to complete before the semester ends:
- Send out a final announcement to students. This is a good opportunity to thank your students for their hard work and to provide any final instructions or information. You may also want to remind them of the upcoming course evaluations.
- Finalize and submit grades. This is one of the most important tasks on your end-of-semester checklist. Be sure to double-check your grades carefully before submitting them.
- Conclude your Canvas course. A Canvas course will conclude automatically. A concluded course is an archive of course content and student work. Students and faculty can continue to review the contents of the course but can no longer participate or submit to it.
- Reflect on the semester. Take some time to think about what went well and what you could improve on next semester. This will help you to continue to grow as an instructor and to provide the best possible experience for your students.
- Get ready for next semester. The Division for Teaching Innovation and Program Strategy offers Canvas and related technology trainings. To attend a training or schedule a time to meet with an expert, use the links
Following these tips will help you to have a successful end of semester. We've also created a printable checklist for you with additional details to make sure the semester ends smoothly for you and your students!