It's an honor to offer a FULL RIDE scholarship to benefit the families of individuals who chose to serve our country - and in some cases, made the ultimate sacrifice. The Bob Kossman Scholarship was conceived to support the strength of our nation through higher education and to give back to families of those who have served.
Application Deadline Just Announced
The deadline to apply for the Bob Kossman Scholarship is close of business on Wednesday, February 22.
The Bob Kossman Scholarship is a unique opportunity for incoming CU Denver Freshmen with the following qualifications:
- A descendant (child or grandchild) of a US military personnel killed or injured in service of our country
- OR are a current US military, police or fire service employee or member of their immediate family
- A high School GPA of 3.5 or above
- A demonstrated financial need (as determined by your FAFSA data)
- An engineering, math, liberal arts and sciences, or related major
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply to CU Denver
Before applying for the Bob Kossman Scholarship, you must have a new freshman application pending for admission to CU Denver.
Step 2: Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA]
The FAFSA is available from October 1st for the following academic year. We'll use your FAFSA data to determine financial need, a key qualification of the Bob Kossman Scholarship.
- Both you, as the student, and one parent of a dependent student (as determined by the FAFSA) need to have a FSA ID to sign the FAFSA electronically
- The FAFSA will be asking for 2015 tax information. If offered, please use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in the FAFSA to download the 2015 tax information into your FAFSA.
- Complete the appropriate Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) [school code 004508]
- Complete the 2016-17 FAFSA for the Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 semesters.
- Complete the 2017-18 FAFSA for the Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 semesters.
Step 3: Apply for the Bob Kossman Scholarship
Once you're accepted to CU Denver and have received your access credentials, you'll apply for the Bob Kossman Scholarship in UCDAccess. Your complete application package will include:
- A scholarship application in UCDAccess
- A copy of your resume
- A general essay, included with most institutional scholarships
- A special essay, specific to the Bob Kossman Scholarship
- An on-campus interview (for top-qualifying candidates)