It's an honor to offer a FULL RIDE scholarship to benefit the families of individuals who chose to serve our country - and in some cases, made the ultimate sacrifice. The Bob Kossman Scholarship was conceived to support the strength of our nation through higher education and to give back to families of those who have served.
The Bob Kossman scholarship is only available for incoming first year students. To apply, you must be an admitted first year student and apply for the scholarship between October 1st and March 1st at www.ucdenver.edu/scholarlynx.
The Bob Kossman Scholarship is a unique opportunity for incoming CU Denver Freshmen with the following qualifications:
- A descendant (child or grandchild) of a US military personnel killed or injured in service of our country
- OR are a current US military, police or fire service employee or member of their immediate family
- A high School GPA of 3.5 or above
- A demonstrated financial need (as determined by your FAFSA data)
- An engineering, math, liberal arts and sciences, or related major
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply to CU Denver
Before apply for the Bob Kossman Scholarship, you must be admitted to CU Denver. Please follow the link below to apply.
Step 2: Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA]
The FAFSA is available from October 1st for the following academic year. We'll use your FAFSA data to determine financial need, a key qualification of the Bob Kossman Scholarship.
- Both you, as the student, and one parent of a dependent student (as determined by the FAFSA) need to have a FSA ID to sign the FAFSA electronically
- The FAFSA will be asking for 2017 tax information. If offered, please use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in the FAFSA to download the 2017 tax information into your FAFSA.
- Complete the appropriate Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) [school code 004508]
- Complete the 2018-19 FAFSA for the Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 semesters.
- Complete the 2019-20 FAFSA for the Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 semesters.
Step 3: Apply for the Bob Kossman Scholarship
Once you're accepted to CU Denver and have received your access credentials, you'll apply for the Bob Kossman Scholarship in ScholarLynx. Your complete application package will include: