Here at the CCTSI, we like to think that 'to know us is to love us'. So now that the academic year has started, it’s a great time to introduce ourselves to the newbies on campus, and to re-introduce ourselves to the rest of you.
1. CCTSI stands for the Colorado Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute.
2. The CCTSI is multi-institutional and includes:
- four campuses of CU Anschutz, CU Denver, CU Boulder and CSU;
- six affiliate hospitals and health care organizations;
- six health professional schools;
- and 20 community organizations.
3. CCTSI was launched when we received our first grant in 2008. We are funded by an NIH CTSA Grant award and have substantial financial support from the university and partner hospitals. The grant was renewed in 2013 and we are funded through 2018 (we are currently preparing for our next grant renewal).
4. When we received our first grant in 2008, it was the largest grant CU had ever received and the largest federal research grant in Colorado history. With each grant renewal, the CCTSI expects the amount of NIH funding to decrease as we build our funding capacity locally.
6. The vision of the CCTSI is to accelerate and catalyze the translation of innovative science into improved health and patient care.
7. The CCTSI’s Community Engagement team helps researchers connect with diverse communities to inform and enhance their research ideas and success. This team also offers technical assistance and training in engaging communities in research.
8. The CCTSI manages REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) which allows investigators to create web-based data collection forms and online surveys; and Colorado Profiles, which allows investigators to locate new collaborators or experts based on publications and research interests. REDCap has nearly 3,000 active users and Colorado Profiles has an average of 20,000 page views per month.
10. A large portion of the clinical trials that take place at both University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado use the CCTSI’s Clinical and Translational Research Centers that are housed in each hospital.