Leadership for Innovative Team Science (LITeS) is offered annually to a cohort of 20-30 University of Colorado senior and emerging leaders. Structured as a year-long experience, individuals attend a quarterly series of 2-day workshops focused on building leadership skills. LITeS fosters team science by:
- Creating a network of colleagues.
- Expanding opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Ensuring that the next generation of clinical and translational scientists receives the highest quality training for leadership.
The LITeS program addresses three key leadership domains:
- Individual leadership styles and behaviors.
- Interpersonal and team skills for leading, managing, and working with people.
- Process skills for increasing quality and efficiency in the work of academic leadership.
Complete a 360 degree evaluation process.
- Choose a professional development goal
and complete a plan for its achievement.
- Receive guidance from university leaders in putting the plan to work.
Beginning in 2017-18, LITeS will also enroll intact teams on an annual or biennial basis.