The Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center will be opening soon! We are planning an open house for the campus community to take place in May 2018, with an open date soon after. Until then students, faculty, and staff still have access to Auraria Campus Recreation . Memberships for this semester can be purchased online or onsite .
For details about Auraria Campus Recreation memberships, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions or contact Liat Schindler at email@example.com.
SPRING 2018 program update:
· Intramurals & Club sports: contact firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.IMLEAGUES.com
· ACE personal trainer & group fitness certification courses : Start date January 30, prepare for certification and employment at the Student Wellness Center. Contact email@example.com.
· ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification Spring 2018
· ACE Personal Trainer Instructor Certification Spring 2018
·Move It Monday : 45-minute total body workout, free and inclusive of all fitness levels. Mondays, 12-12:45 pm, CU Denver Field or Student Commons. FREE!
·Tuesday Yoga Flow : 45 minutes, vinyasa fitness yoga. All levels welcome. 5:15-6 pm, Student Commons Gallery. Yoga Mats provided. FREE!
· Wednesday Yoga Flow : 45 minutes, vinyasa fitness yoga. All levels welcome. 12-12:45 pm, Student Commons Gallery. Yoga Mats provided. FREE!
· Health Promotion & Outreach: Drug-Free Schools Report CU Denver
Make sure to follow us on Facebook to stay updated with the wellness center!
Student Wellness Center is now hiring!
Greetings CU Denver community!
I wanted to update you on some big news for the new University of Colorado Denver Student Wellness Center. On Friday, Dec. 8, CU Denver Chancellor Dorothy Horrell, PhD, announced to the Student Government Association (SGA) that the wellness center has received a very generous gift of $10 million dollars from Lola and Rob Salazar.
In gratitude, the center has been renamed the CU Denver Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center.
To learn more about the Salazars, their gift and the positive impact it will have on the wellness center, our students and the entire CU Denver community, we have several resources available online:
Chancellor Horrell’s Communique
“CUDenver Today” article
We thank the Salazars for their generosity and support of our students. As construction on the building continues, we expect the Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center to open in May 2018.
If I can answer any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at Amber.J.Long@ucdenver.edu.
CU Denver Wellness & Recreation Services
Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center