- To waive insurance for the Summer 2017, please visit: https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/anschutz
- Waiver deadline is June 30th.
- The charge for Student Health Insurance will be removed from your bill once your waiver has been approved.
- If you are a new student starting this fall or a continuing student, the portal will open in late summer and you will receive an email at that time to waive.
- To be eligible to waive, your health plan must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Does your plan have In-Network non-emergent care providers in the Denver metropolitan area?
- Is your In-Network deductible $3,000 single or a $6,000 family deductible or less?
- Does your plan have Mental Health parity (i.e. covers mental health as any other sickness)?
- Does your plan cover Preventative Care at 100% with no cost to the insured?
- Does your plan cover Pre-Existing Conditions? Maternity? Transgender Services? (*If you answer “no” to any of the three questions, you must answer “no.” Unless your policy specifically excludes transgender services in writing, your insurance will provide these services.*)
- Does your plan cover prescriptions?
- Does your plan meet Minimum Essential Coverage as defined in PPACA? Will your plan provide to you a 1095B indicating that you maintained the appropriate coverage to meet the mandate for coverage?
The University is waiting for the state to approve the new student
health insurance plan, coverage, and pricing. Once approval is received,
this information will be communicated with students.
Summer 2017 Coverage
- Students will receive an email and link to the enrollment
portal before the end of June
- Coverage will be retroactive back to June 1st, 2017. Any
out-of-pocket medical expenses you incur that are covered by insurance can be
- Cost is $1,221.00 (or less)
Coverage starting Fall 2017
- New students starting this fall
or continuing students will receive an email at that time to enroll
and be able to access the portal in late summer.
- Coverage will begin August 1st, 2017.
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
The University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical
Campus, Student Health Insurance Plan is an annual, full-service medical
insurance plan tailored to the needs of our students. The plan is underwritten by
UnitedHealthCare and administered by AmeriBen. To waive insurance for the Summer 2017, please visit: https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/anschutz
STUDENTS at the Anschutz Medical campus taking 1 or more credit hours will
automatically be enrolled on our Plan A coverage (low deductible plan, see
details below). You may change your enrollment to Plan B (high deductible plan)
by contacting the student insurance office. The insurance premium will be added
to your tuition. Once your insurance is active you will receive an ID card as
well as access to your account at http://www.ameriben.com/amc.htm where you will be able
to view benefits, download your ID card, or find a provider.
What if I
have coverage through an outside insurance company?
waive out of the student insurance plan by filling out an insurance waiver.
Your personal insurance must meet all the requirements stated under “waiving
health insurance” in order to be approved. Waivers have to be submitted each
year before the stated deadlines.
currently do not offer the option of enrolling dependents on our student
insurance plan. We recommend contacting the Colorado Healthcare Exchange atwww.connectforhealthco.com
or reach out to one of their certified brokers to find suitable care.
Additionally the insurance providers below offer a range of plans in Colorado :
Downtown Campus Students
If you are attending the Downtown Campus and have insurance questions please call 303-556-6273 or visit the Student Life web site.