The new and improved Boots to Suits Professional Development Program is the University of Colorado Denver's foreward thinking process to creating the next generation of industry and community leaders. Skills workshops coupled with mentoring from industry insiders creates graduates primed to excel in their chosen fields.
For Prospecitve Mentees
For all of our veteran students we would like to present the Boots to Suits Career Services
- We will be partnering with various campus offices to bring services, such as résumé writing, interviewing skills, and many other great opportunities. Check our website for updates
For juniors, seniors, and graduate students, we’re also introducing the Professional Development Program. The Professional Development Program facilitates:
- Mentoring by a professional within the students’ hopeful career field
- Résumé building skills
- Networking opportunities
- Interview skills
- Leg up on competition (students have better idea of what to expect in industry)
- Participation in Launch, an initiative in collaboration with the Career Center
At the end of the program and upon successful completion of all requirements, students will be fitted with a custom suit from Brooks Brothers.
The requirements include a minimum of 6 meetings with your mentor, attendance at a Career Services event, participation in Launch, and an essay summarizing your experience. Application timelines will be posted in the monthly outlook emails from the Office of Veteran Student Services.
Space is limited so check back regularly. We will then begin an interview process once we review all applications and resumes, and then contact the 15 people who have been accepted into the Professional Development Program. For more information please email VMSS@ucdenver.edu.
For Propective Mentors
The men and women of today's Armed Forces embody a unique cross section of the country. They represent the less than 1% of the nation willing to pledge to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Military service has imparted highly sought-after skills such as dependability, honesty, leadership and flexibility, coupled with your guidance and a great education from the University of Colorado Denver our graduates will be ready to compete in today's fast paced marketplace.
As a mentor we would ask that you meet with your mentee one on one and help them with the following:
- Gain an understanding of the career field they wish to enter
- Assist them in creating a civilian style resume and LinkedIn profile
- Work with them on their 30 second elevator pitch and networking in your industry
This programis highly flexible to accommodate your busy schedule and adapt to the diverse marketplace in America.
This program and our veteran students need your help. Sign up to be a professional mentor today.
For more information or to follow up on a request to become a mentor, please contact us at 303-315-7300 or email us at VMSS@ucdenver.edu