The CU Denver Boots to Suits Program has partnered with the Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE) program to provide Peer to Peer mentorship for our veterans as they make the transition into college life.
PAVE is a peer support program that connects incoming student veterans with student veterans already on campus in order to help them navigate college life, identify challenges they face, refer them to appropriate resources on or off campus, and provide ongoing support toward their academic and personal goals. If you would like one of our mentors to contact you, please email our team at email@example.com.
The Mission of the Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE) Program is to support veterans transitioning to college after military service to foster academic and personal success.
- Ease the transition from the military to the university
- Improve student veterans’ sense of connectedness to the university
- Create a safe haven and source of support
- Identify mental health issues and other concerns in a timely fashion and connect student veterans with appropriate resources
- Improve student veteran academic performance
- Increase student veteran retention rate