Skip to main content
Sign In

University of Colorado Denver

Veteran Student Services

Residency Petition

For students seeking in-state tuition

According to the Colorado House Bill 1039 (GI Promise Act), student veterans are granted in-state residency by petition for the purposes of tuition. They will be automatically granted in-state as long as they prove they are intending to make Colorado their permanent state of residence. In order to petition for in state residency, a student must provide a DD214 and TWO of the following four forms:
  • Colorado Drivers License
  • Colorado Voter’s Registration
  • Colorado Vehicle Registration
  • Proof of off-campus employment (pay stubs)


If you are petitioning for in-state residency status, remember that ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF THE SEMESTER. If not, then you will have to wait until the next semester to achieve in-state residency status, and the GI Bill WILL NOT COVER THE ENTIRE COST OF OUT-OF-STATE TUITION.


Office of Veteran Student Services

Phone: 303-556-2630 or 303-556-2745

Street Address: Tivoli Student Union, Suite 124, 900 Auraria Parkway, Denver, CO 80204

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 173364, Campus 155, Denver, CO 80217-3364


University of Colorado Denver

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.