Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA) to be eligible for grants, loans, and scholarships. This should be filled out once a year, ideally in October.
See the CU Denver Financial Aid Veteran & Military Connected Students
page for more information.
- Meet with school and department advisors (most require an appointment).
Register/Enroll for classes. Full time for Undergrad is 12 credit hours during Fall and Spring semesters and 6 credit hours for the Regular 8 week Summer semester.
- Call the School Advising Office at (303) 352-3520, or visit their website.
Run your Degree Audit.
- NOTE: If you take only online classes, you will only receive HALF of the National Average BAH.
- At least one credit hour must be taken on campus. Some hybrid classes are classified as online courses.
- Graduates must take 5 credit hours for Fall/Spring/8 week Summer terms.
- If you will be taking the 5 week Intensive Summer term(s), please contact our office to ensure you will be considered full-time for BAH purposes.
- In order to calculate the number of credit hours required to be full time, use the formula: (credit hours) x (number of weeks) = required in-class hours
Fill out the CU Denver | Anschutz Certification Request. This must be completed EVERY semester. For clarity/to ensure you are using the correct file number, please contact our office at 303.315.7300. Please submit this at least 8 weeks before the start of the semester to allow for processing.
- If any of your courses fall in the "Work Not Applied" folder, contact your Advisor and ask them to verify that those classes are part of your degree plan.
- If your courses are not part of your degree plan, ask your Advisor to fill out a Degree Audit Exceptions form AND to email specific and individualized documentation directly to email@example.com or those courses WILL NOT BE CERTIFIED.
- If there are any changes to your class schedule, submit a new Certification Request and note the changes in the remarks section.
- For Post 9/11 GI Bill Users, once your Certification Request has been received and processed, a sponsor payment (a VA tuition and fee payment placeholder) will be posted to your account in the amount expected based on your eligibility percentage. This will help to free up any financial aid you may have accepted and reduce your balance to your responsible portion (if less than 100%).
5. Student Health Insurance
- A sponsor payment will not be posted if:
- Your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) is not on file with the VMSS.
- You are classified as a nonresident.
- CU Denver does not offer student health insurance.
- The Anschutz Campus automatically enrolls students. If you need to waive the student health insurance, click here.
- This step is not required, but is a good resource. To make an appointment, call (303) 724-2838.
7. After steps 1-4 are complete, your enrollment will be certified!