Program Value: Participants only pay $250 for a $4,000 program!
The programming activities for the CO-HPD Scholars summer month is a $4,000/participant value, as it includes:
- Kaplan Test Prep course for MCAT/PCAT/DAT or GRE
- Certified HIPAA, CPR, and First Aid training
- Practical experience in clinical simulations
- Research practices
- Service learning experiences
- Job-shadowing experiences
- Continuous Application Support & Career Coaching
- Room & board during the summer program month
To offset program expenses, accepted participants will be required to pay a $50 non-refundable fee to hold their spot and are required to pay an additional $200 non-refundable reservation fee for the summer program. These fees guarantee that participants will successfully complete the summer program, including participating in follow-up surveys and “check-ins” throughout the 2017-18 academic year. The Colorado AHEC Program Office is able to provide the remaining program expenses ($3,750/participant) by a generous grant from the Caring for Colorado Foundation as well as from funding from the Colorado AHEC Program Office.
Students are selected on the basis of academic and professional achievement, and an interest in the healthcare professions. We encourage students from underrepresented groups or categories (first generation college attendee, rural background, low income/financial need, or ethnic/minority persons) to apply. Applicants must have completed at least one year of college before the start of the program (30 or more credits). Applicants must be US citizens or have Permanent Resident status. Participants are not permitted to work part-time jobs or take any additional classes (exceptions for online classes maybe granted on an individual basis) during the summer portion of the program. Students need not be a science major at their undergraduate institution; however, completion of upper division science coursework (e.g., organic chemistry I and II, physics, etc.) is required.
CO-HPD Scholars Participant Information:
The 30 applicants chosen to participate in the 2017 CO-HPD Scholars program must reside at the University of Colorado Denver apartments (Campus Village). The assembled cohort of CO-HPD Scholars from around the state will be expected to form a student leadership network. While in Denver, students will work together to prepare for professional school applications and generate a greater understanding of the multitude of facets comprising the field of health care.
One Pager about the CO-HPD Program 2017
Participants must meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a Colorado college or university
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 overall (preferred 3.5 GPA)
- Student in good standing
- Interested in health careers
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (at least one from science faculty)
- A personal statement on your career goals and explain how this program will contribute to those goals. Must answer essay questions on application
- Current official transcript(s)
- Willing to fully participate in the 2017 CO-HPD Scholars four-week intensive summer program in Denver (July 5-28, 2017)
- Commitment not to be enrolled in courses or take on part-time jobs
- Follow up surveys and “check-ins” throughout the 2017-2018 academic year
- Student must be at least 18 years old by program start date
2016 Scholars, please visit the following link to complete the V.A.R.K test prior to the start of your program:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303) 724-6489. Please note: Deadline to apply is March 20, 2017 by 12:00 PM (noon)
Application for the 2017 CO-HPD Scholars program has closed
If you have any trouble with this form please contace Samantha Hanson at Sam.Hanson@ucdenver.edu
I'm Accepted I want to PAY NOW