Jump start your knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Open Educational Resources (OER) by participating in this seven-step hybrid professional development pathway. Most of us have heard about how OER help to keep college costs down and assure equity and access to all students. You may not know that by using OER you can create a course that is more flexible, relevant, and engaging. Whatever your motivation, it is difficult to know where to start if you are thinking of adopting OER.
Never fear. The OER Jumpstart pathway is designed to help you build your knowledge about OER, identify OER resources in your discipline, and develop skills to evaluate the OER that you find.
The OER Jumpstart pathway consists of seven milestones designed to address seven key questions in your OER journey:
- Why should I consider using OER?
- Why is OER important at CU Denver?
- What are open licensing, public domain, and creative commons?
- What tools do I use to find OER resources?
- Who on campus can help me?
- How do I know if the OER I have found will work for me and my students?
- How can I share what I have learned?
The OER Jumpstart pathway consists of four (4) face-to-face (F2F) meetings, the completion of self-paced online tutorials, and a one-on-one consultation with a librarian, instructional designer, or faculty peer who will help you to identify resources or give you advice about integrating OER into your course and teaching.
Face-to-face (F2F) meeting dates/times:
2020 Dates coming soon!
Faculty who complete the OER Jumpstart pathway will receive $250 in Professional Development (PD) Funds and will earn a professional development badge in OER Awareness.
- All faculty (Lecturers, (Sr.) Instructors, all CTT, Assistant, Associate, Professors) are welcome to apply to participate in this program.
- Faculty who teach lower division, large enrollment, and gateway courses will be prioritized.
- Faculty who teach courses with high-cost textbooks will be prioritized.
Applications Due: 2020-2021 TBD
Acceptance Announced: 2020-2021 TBD
Upcoming 2020 Dates will be announced
This program is funded by a grant from the Colorado Department of Higher Education with additional support from the Office of the Provost, Roderick Nairn.
This program is coordinated the CU Denver Center for Faculty Development and the Office of Digital Education.