Our mission is to support faculty at the University of
Colorado Denver in their roles as teachers and in their professional lives as academics. We provide opportunities for ongoing,
intentional renewal of teaching practice and support faculty as they work to
build successful academic careers.
Through our activities we strive to:
- Empower faculty to create innovative opportunities
for deep and meaningful student learning by advancing the use of evidence based,
learning-centered, best practices in teaching and learning.
- Create an interdisciplinary community of faculty
focused on the science, art, and craft of teaching.
- Advocate for the teaching and learning mission
of the university and enrich a university culture that values and rewards
- Foster the creation of inclusive learning environments
in which diverse students and faculty can excel.
- Encourage the effective use of new technologies
that enhance teaching, learning, and scholarly productivity.
- Support scholarly and creative inquiry into
teaching and learning in higher education.
- Promote the integration of teaching and
- Stimulate scholarly productivity.
- Enhance faculty success in earning tenure and
progressing in rank.
- Guide junior faculty as they navigate the
complex professional and institutional landscapes of academia.