- Please fill out the application form which can be found online at this link.
- Please contact Heather Callahan, Heather.Callahan@ucdenver.edu with any questions
- Applications are due by 5 pm Monday, August 26, 2019
- Investigators whose applications are selected for presentation will be notified in September 2019
- Presentations to the Investment Committee are planned for November 2019
- Awardees are expected to be notified in December 2019
A downloadable version of this RFP can be obtained here.
Gates Grubstake Fund 2018
- Prevention and treatment of pulmonary fibrosis, Ken Liechty, M.D.
- Heart regeneration by conversion of non-myocytes into functional cardiomyocytes,
Kunhua Song, Ph.D.
- Generation of engraftable hematopoietic stem cells from induced pluripotent stem cells,
Mike Verneris, M.D.
Gates Grubstake Fund 2017
Stem Cell-Derived Retinal Transplant to Treat Dry AMD, Maria Valeria Canto-Soler, Ph.D.
Clinical Development of Autologous CD117+ Progenitor Cell Therapy for Solid Organ Transplantation, Martin Zamora, M.D.
Bioresorbable 3-D Printed Personalized Implant for Cartilage Regeneration in Pediatric Growth Plate Injuries, Karin A. Payne, Ph.D.
Gates Grubstake Fund 2016
- Dr. David Wagner: A Novel Therapeutic to Impact Myelin Loss/Regeneration in Multiple Sclerosis
- Dr. Kenneth Liechty: Conjugated Nanoceria to Treat Oxidative Stress and Prevent Chronic Inflammation: First Use Treating Diabetic Ulcers
- Dr. Jeffrey Olson: Intraocular Device to Potentiate Retinal Stem Cell Transplantation in Macular Degeneration
· Ganna Bilousova, Ph.D., and Igor Kogut, Ph.D.: Induced
pluripotent stem cell services as a platform for clinical research
· Steven Dow, DVM, Ph.D., and Mary Ann DeGroote, M.D.:
Antimicrobial stem cell therapy for infected diabetic foot ulcers
· Karin Payne, Ph.D., and Vikas Patel, M.D.: Structural
living bone allografts to enhance bone formation in orthopedic surgery
M.D., Ph.D.: Human Smad7-based proteins combined with a cell permeable peptide
called Tat. Tat-Smad7 and its derivatives can be used via topical
application to treat at least four diseases: oral mucositis, psoriasis, chronic
wounds, and fibrotic diseases.
M.D., Ph.D.: Proprietary humanized mouse model to assess cancer treatments