The Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine and CU Innovations are pleased to announce the Gates Grubstake Fund focused on accelerating basic, clinical, and translational research related to the field of regenerative medicine.
- Treatments (e.g. biologics, small molecules, cell therapies)
- Diagnostics, platforms and research tools (e.g. biomaterials, scaffolds, therapeutic targets, cell expansion methods)
- Devices (e.g. drug delivery, implants, restoration)
- Cell biology and tissue engineering
Investigators are encouraged to apply if their programs fall within or even adjacent to these fields.
Interested investigators affiliated with the University of Colorado, Children’s Hospital Colorado, and the UCHealth System are encouraged to submit an application. Multiple awards will be granted, the funding limit is $350,000 per award.
- Please fill out the application form which can be downloaded at this link
- Please contact Heather Callahan, Heather.Callahan@ucdenver.edu for questions
- Applications are due by 5 pm Monday, August 27, 2018
- Investigators whose applications are selected for presentation will be notified in September 2018
- Presentations to the Investment Committee are planned for October 2018.
- Awardees are expected to be notified in December 2018.
A downloadable version of this RFP can be obtained here
Gates Grubstake Fund 2017/18
Stem Cell-Derived Retinal Transplant to Treat Dry AMD, Maria Valeria Canto-Soler, Ph.D.
Clinical Development of Autologous CD117+ Progenitor Cell Therapy for Solid Organ Transplantation, Martin Zamora, M.D.
Bioresorbable 3-D Printed Personalized Implant for Cartilage Regeneration in Pediatric Growth Plate Injuries, Karin A. Payne, Ph.D.
Gates Grubstake Fund 2016/17
- Dr. David Wagner: A Novel Therapeutic to Impact Myelin Loss/Regeneration in Multiple Sclerosis
- Dr. Kenneth Liechty: Conjugated Nanoceria to Treat Oxidative Stress and Prevent Chronic Inflammation: First Use Treating Diabetic Ulcers
- Dr. Jeffrey Olson: Intraocular Device to Potentiate Retinal Stem Cell Transplantation in Macular Degeneration