New Student Information
For Maymester and Summer 2013
Enrollment details can be found our Your Next Step
For Fall Semester 2013
Here are some things to do and plan for as you prepare for the upcoming term. You will receive additional enrollment details in our Next Steps - Enrollment Information brochure
which is sent to admitted students before the start of each semester.
- Review Student Housing. If interested, check out housing on-campus or find resources for locating housing off-campus.
- Apply for financial aid and/or scholarships. Visit the financial aid and scholarship resources websites to learn more about funding options and application timelines and requirements.
- Explore other ways to fund your education. If you are an out-of-state student, check out the Opportunities for out-of-state students webpage.
- Respond to notices for accessing portal accounts.
--If you applied for admission online, checked your application status online, or otherwise created an account at any CU Campus, you have a username and password for the MYUCDenver prospective student portal. After admission, you may be directed to this portal account for other matters. Retain your user name and password for this portal account until after classes begin.
--Before you register for classes, you will receive an email directing you to activate your UCDAccess portal account, which will become your permanent university account. Upon activating UCDAccess, you will be able to learn your university assigned email address, find your registration appointment time, search for courses, pay your enrollment deposit, check your financial aid status and more.
- Receive advising and register for classes. Contact your academic advising office after admission to make arrangements for an individual academic advising appointment or group session. Your academic advisor will apply transfer credits to your degree program and discuss your graduation requirements. You must have advisor approval and pay a tuition deposit (waived if you apply for financial aid) before you can register for classes on or after your assigned registration appointment time. Your “Steps to Enrollment” brochure will contain advising contact information based on your major. Click here to learn more:
- Send your proof of immunization to the Auraria Health Center. Visit www.ucdenver.edu/immunizations for details.
- Request final transcripts. If you were enrolled in courses at the time you applied for admission, be sure to request that final official transcripts are sent to the office of admissions when grades are posted.
- Request other transcripts and test scores. If applicable, request that official college transcripts for courses taken while in high school, official score reports for exams such as AP or IB, or the SMART transcript for members of the military be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Obtain your student ID. After you have registered for classes, you may obtain your student ID. Note that your student fees pay for an RTD Smart Card pass so you can ride local public transportation without an additional charge. Smart Cards are available two weeks before classes begin.
- Buy your textbooks, when available. The Auraria Campus Bookstore will have listings in the store and online indicating required texts before classes begin. Visit http://www.aurariabooks.com for details.
- Know where to park and how much it costs. If living at Campus Village, you may purchase a permit for on-site parking. Remember--Your RTD smart card pass allows you to ride local public transportation without an additional charge.
- Attend our fall welcome program. If admitted for fall semester, you will receive an invitation to attend a welcome program, usually held the week before classes begin. There is no welcome program for summer semester.
- Plan to get involved! Click here to sample opportunities for becoming an engaged and involved CU Denver student. And be sure to watch for information and invitations to our August welcome week events. Go Lynx!