Register with the U.S. State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
CU Denver requests that all students traveling abroad register their trip information with STEP. Enrolling in STEP enables the U.S. Department of State to better alert and assist you in case of an emergency. Another practical benefit of registering with STEP is that if you happen to lose your passport while abroad, the local U.S. consulate/embassy will be able to expedite the processing of a replacement. This requirement is specific to U.S. citizens; students who are not U.S. citizens should research whether their home country offers a similar traveler program.
CU Denver does not have access to any of the information you enter onto the site, unless you specify someone at the university as a contact. Registration is a convenient and easy process.
Register here with the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
Register with International SOS’s MyTrips Program
The University of Colorado system is a member of International SOS (ISOS), an organization that provides medical, security, and travel advice and assistance to its members. The ISOS website is a great resource for country-specific information, and CU Denver students and staff are encouraged to take advantage of the 24/7 phone number which connects the caller with security analysts who can address specific questions and concerns about international travel. In the past, students have contacted ISOS to discuss prescription medications abroad, transportation recommendations, and country-specific travel tips.
In addition to using ISOS as a pre-departure resource, CU Denver asks that all students traveling abroad register their flight itinerary with MyTrips, a program operated by ISOS. By affiliating your profile with CU Denver | CU Anschutz, the Office of Global Education is able to view your itinerary and thus can better assist you in case of an emergency.
Please follow these instructions in order to register your flights with MyTrips:
- Create an account with MyTrips.
Create a new trip.
- Click here.
- Click on the "New User? Register here" link at the bottom of the page.
- Be sure to select CU Denver|CU Anschutz as your home institution.
- Option 1: Enter all of your round-trip flight details.
- Option 2: Forward your flight itinerary confirmation email to MyTrips@travelsecurity.com mailbox for automatic upload. Be sure to set up your MyTrips username using the email address to which you receive the flight confirmation email.
- Optional: enter additional travel information such as trains, hotels, etc.