Skip to main content
Sign In

Transfer Your Credits

​​The following information only applies to students studying on non-CU Denver programs. 

Before you left, you completed a Course Approval Form with the courses you intended to take abroad and the CU Denver equivalents. An academic or major advisor should have signed off on the appropriate CU Denver equivalents that relate to the course taken abroad. 

T​he institution abroad will issue student transcripts 1-3 months after the program ends. It’s important to make sure that your transcripts are mailed directly to the Office of Global Education at this address: 

University of Colorado Denver 
Office of Global Education 
Campus Box A005/185 
P.O. Box 173364 
Denver, CO 80217-3364 

Once a transcript is received by OGE, the Course Approval Form will be compared to the courses listed on the transcript. If there are courses on the transcript that are not on the Course Approval Form, you will need to obtain approval for those course from your advisor(s). Assuming that all courses were successfully passed (D- or above), credits will be transferred to your CU Denver transcript as Pass (P) credit. If you receive an F in a course taken abroad, the F will be placed on your transcript and will affect your CU Denver GPA. Please see our Credit Transfer Policy for more details. 

 If you use financial aid for your time abroad, you may receive a hold on your aid for the following semester because your grades have not come through, but you can appeal! Contact the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office for more information and assistance if you find yourself in this situation.

© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.