Study Abroad: Within Your Reach
The majority of financial aid that CU Denver students receive for their studies here in Denver may also be applied towards an approved, for-credit study abroad experience.
We strongly encourage you to visit the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office as early as possible so that you have a clear picture of what financial resources you have as you make the decision to study abroad. You can call, email, or schedule an appointment online:
Please add “Study Abroad” to the subject heading when sending emails to
the above email addresses, as this will ensure that your message is
routed to a study abroad financial aid advisor.
- Prepare an estimated budget for your proposed study abroad choice(s):
- Be sure to include the costs of tuition, accommodations, meals, ground transportation, international airfare, passport and visa fees, spending money, etc.
- Meet with an advisor in the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
- Complete and submit the Study Abroad Participant Information Sheet for Financial Aid that is included in your Office of Global Education online application.
- Explore scholarship options that may be available to you.
Students hoping to use financial aid towards Winter programs should note that they are considered part of Spring term for financial aid. Maymester and Summer programs are considered part of summer financial aid. During the summer term, students must be registered for at least half-time status (6 credits for undergraduates, 3 credits for graduate) to be eligible for financial aid.