Skip to main content
Sign In



The Office of Global Education recognizes and appreciates the numerous ways advisors help promote international education. Many students learn about international opportunities through their advisors. When advising students, let them know about the ways they can get academic credit for experiences abroad:

Students should also be aware of our eligibility requirements. For CU Denver programs please see our Policy page​. For non-CU Denver programs, requirements will vary. It is the student’s responsibility to know these requirements before they apply. ​​​​​

When students are studying abroad at another institution, they are required to have all of their courses pre-approved before departure. OGE strongly encourages students to begin the course approval process as early as possible to give advisors and faculty plenty of time to review the information. As an advisor or faculty member, you will need to evaluate the course descriptions and/or syllabi to determine an appropriate CU Denver equivalent. You may need to request the documents from the student if they do not provide them to you.

Encourage your students to get extra courses approved in case their first choices are not available once they arrive in country.

Sometimes it can be confusing to determine the number of credit hours or course level. Please do not hesitate to contact our office for assistance.

Make an appointment​ to meet with us for more information. 

CU Denver programs:

Spring/Winter: October 1st

Maymester/Summer: February – March (depending on the program)

Fall – April 1st

Third-Party Programs:

Spring: November 1st

Summer: April 1st

Fall: July 1st

See our Deadlines page for more information.

Let your students know that they may be able to use financial aid for their university-related experiences abroad.

There are plenty of scholarships available for students. Encourage students to research and apply early. ​​


© The Regents of the University of Colorado, a body corporate. All rights reserved.

Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All trademarks are registered property of the University. Used by permission only.