Start your online application:
$75 Non Refundable Application Fee
Acceptable methods of payment for the $75 Application Fee are: Personal check, Money order or Credit card. Credit Card payments are accepted online through the application for admission. Once the application is submitted, Money Orders or Personal Checks are the only remaining options.
Important Note: Please, do not send cash or personal credit card information in the mail.
Graduate Applicant Documentation Requirements
*Note: College/University transcripts are always required even if the applicant did not complete a degree or program at the previous institution.
- Official post-secondary transcripts/statement of marks from ALL institutions attended
- Final diploma or certificate
- Certified English translation (if not in English)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding documentation.
How to Submit Your Transcripts:
By mail/ in person: Documents should be in an envelope sealed by the institution or local ministry of education.
By email: An authenticated and secure copy of the official transcript sent directly from the institution or a third party provider (i.e. National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering service)
For institutions based outside of the U.S.:
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for admission review, but official transcripts (see additional information below) are required to be submitted to international admissions prior to the completion of the first semester of study.
For U.S. institutions:
Official transcripts are required. (see additional information below)
Official transcripts: Official transcripts are those that arrive at our office in an envelope sealed by the institution or local ministry of education. All documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
*If you cannot provide the official transcript(s), please contact international admissions.
Certified English translation: If your transcript was issued in a language other than English, you must also provide a certified English translation of the transcript. CU Denver does not have a preferred translation provider; we recommend that you use an ATA member company.
Note: You do NOT need to provide an external evaluation of your transcript. International Admissions will evaluate your transcript during the application process. You only need to provide a translation.
**Specific document requirement for applicants from India: Please note that for applicants who studied at a university college in India, we will require individual marksheets (including failed exams) issued by the affiliated university.
English Language Profiency Requirement
International applicants to CU Denver must provide proof of English Language Proficiency (ELP) in order to be considered for full admission. Undergraduate applicants (except Nursing) and some graduate applicants will be considered for conditional admission if they apply without adequate proof of ELP. You may meet the ELP requirement via any of the options listed below.
International Admissions will update the English language proficiency policy, effective for admission in the Spring 2021 term and forward. Please see below for up-to-date information.
Test Scores: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE
CU Denver requires verified score reports for proof of English language proficiency. Please note that certain graduate programs require higher minimum TOEFL or IELTS scores. Please check with your program to verify.
TOEFL or IELTS
The CU Denver institutional code for TOEFL : 4875
Applicants will be considered to have obtained the required English language proficiency if they meet satisfactory scores (below) or one of the additional options:
Minimum TOEFL Score Accepted: 75 IBT / 537 PBT
Minimum IELTS Score Accepted: 6.5
The TOEFL/IELTS requirement can be waived if an applicant has graduated from the ESL Academy. Information regarding other considerations for exemption, including country of citizenship/origin, and special circumstances can be found here. Please note that some graduate level programs will require a higher score on the TOEFL/IELTS and applicants should consult the department for additional details
Minimum PTE Academic Score Accepted: 51
TThe Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic) is currently in a pilot review at the University of Colorado Denver. We will accept a 51 PTE Academic score with the following subscores:
|PTE Academic Subscores|
TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Waiver Requirement(s):
- Successfully completed level 5 of the University of Colorado Denver’s ESL Academy.
- Graduated from a US accredited school abroad with English as the medium of instruction.
- Graduated with bachelor’s degree in the US or successfully completed a minimum of two semesters of full-time study in a master’s program at a US accredited institution.
- Graduated from and completed a minimum of one year of secondary school in the US that included at least one unit of college preparatory English.
- Exempt Countries: Australia , Belize , Canada (except Quebec), Commonwealth Caribbean, Ghana, Ireland, Kenya, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and the United Kingdom.
Test Scores: GMAT & GRE
All GRE & GMAT official score reports must be sent to CU Denver using institutional code 4875.
Graduate programs at CU Denver do not have set minimum GRE/GMAT scores, because departments practice holistic admissions review. Your application will be reviewed as a whole, and GRE/GMAT scores are just one element of the whole.
GRE scores are required for some programs; please check your department's website.
GMAT or GRE scores are required for all graduate Business programs.
Find Your Department
Letters of Recomendation
Letters of recommendation that are academic in nature are preferred by admissions committees, but if it has been several years since you attended a college/university professional references will also be accepted.
Graduate Letter Recomendation Form
Click here for the recomended request for recomendation form or review specific details regarding letters of recommendation by school or college below:
Find Your Department
Business School Requirements
- 2 letters of recomendation are required for the following programs:
- Master of Business in Health Administration (MBAH)
- Master of Science in Health Administration (HLTH)
- Global Energy Management (GEMM)
- 11-month Master of Business Administration (AMBA)
- 3 letters of recomendation are required for the following programs:
- Computer Science and Information Systems (PHIS)
- If your Business School program is not listed above then letters of recomendation are not required, but still highly encouraged.