The Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences now provides CrashPlan PROe, a centrally-managed, automatic desktop and laptop backup solution, to eligible faculty and staff members.
CrashPlan PROe is simple to use, highly efficient, and very secure. You can take control of your own backups, backing up or accessing your data at any time and from any location using a web browser or workstation client. Data is backed up to offsite servers that are highly secure and reliable.
- Continuous, invisible backup
- Unlimited storage capacity
- Up to four devices per user
- Be protected while on campus, while traveling, or at home
- Data is encrypted
- Easy-to-use web interface allows restores from any location on any system
- Access file backups from any compatible iOS, Android or Windows Phone device.
- Automatic email notifications for missed backups
- Use your UCD PassportID for secure access
- Approved for all UCD data including HIPAA and other highly sensitive data (special setup required for users with highly sensitive data; contact Dave Sawyer to discuss). For a list of data types considered "highly confidential" by the university, see:
Supports laptops and desktops running current or recent versions of Windows, Apple’s OS X and Linux client operating systems. See the CrashPlan PROe system requirements. Note that the SSPPS IT Office provides support only for installations on Windows or OS X.
If you have been informed that you are eligible to participate in the CrashPlan program, first read the How it Works page. Then see the installation instructions on how to proceed.
To learn more about CrashPlan PROe Backup service, contact Dave Sawyer, Directory of Education/Information Technology, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.