The Colorado advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE) rotation match provides both North American-Trained PharmD (NTPD) students and International-Trained PharmD (ITPD) students the option to complete their APPEs rotations in Colorado, thereby maximizing their APPE rotation opportunities in the upcoming academic year.
Colorado APPE Rotation Match Timeline
- Fall Semester
- The Distance Degrees and Programs (DDP) Office will email to students a survey, where students will identify the number of rotations, the type of rotations to complete, and choose when they complete their rotations from the provided rotation timeframes.
- The DDP Office will review each student's completed survey, and will confirm, by email, each student's eligibility to participate in the Colorado APPE rotation match process.
- December - January
- All eligible students will review the rotation site descriptions where they may complete APPE rotations in Colorado, and will enter their rotation site preferences through E*Value.
- Students who submit their site preferences in E*Value are expected to complete assigned rotation(s) at the assigned rotation site(s) and during the assigned rotation block(s). Students will adhere to the Rotation Site Availability and Drop Policy.
- Mid-Late February - The entire match should be complete! Students will be able to view schedules in E*Value, and will have one or two days to request small changes to their schedules. After that, the preceptor(s) will be notified and no further changes will be made to students' schedules.
Eligibility Requirements to Participate in the Colorado APPE Rotation Match – All students should review their respective program’s APPE rotation manual, which defines the requirements students must meet prior to beginning their APPE rotations. In addition, every student should schedule an advising call, which is also the first rotation eligibility requirement every student completes prior to beginning rotations.
Colorado APPE Rotation Match Information by Academic Year
- 2014-2015 Academic Year – The DDP Office has already completed the Colorado APPE rotation match for the 2014-2015 academic year. Please contact the DDP Office to further discuss the opportunity to complete an APPE rotation in Colorado.
- 2015-2016 Academic Year Colorado APPE Rotation Match Information
- 2016-2017 Academic Year - The DDP Office will email students information about the Colorado APPE rotation match for the 2016-2017 academic year in late summer / early fall 2015.