Description: The purpose of Phi Lambda Sigma, also known as the National Pharmacy Leadership Society, is to promote the development of leadership qualities, especially among pharmacy students. By peer recognition, the Society encourages participation in all pharmacy activities. Since membership crosses fraternal and organizational lines, the Society does not compete with other pharmacy organizations. Phi Lambda Sigma honors leadership and its members are selected by peer recognition.
- By invitation for students who have completed at least 90 hours of scholastic work applicable toward a recognized pharmacy degree and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50.
- Cost to join is $80 for P2s and P3s and $95 for P4s
- Annual Reception held at APhA Annual Meeting
- Leadership Challenge: A competitive $1,000 grant to carry out a project promoting leadership and the profession of pharmacy
- Chapter Member of the Year Award: Awarded to one student member per chapter annually
- Phi Lambda Sigma-Proctor and Gamble National Leadership Award: Competitive annual award given to an individual who has exemplified leadership qualities in support of the pharmacy profession
- Phi Lambda Sigma-GlaxoSmithKline Wellcome-AFPE Graduate Scholarship: Encourages an outstanding member to pursue the Ph.D. in a college of pharmacy graduate program ($7500)
- Promotion of leadership skills
- Nurturing and further development as a leader within the field of pharmacy
- Leadership Series
- Mentorship Panel
- National Leadership Panel
- Faculty Social Hours
||Sunny Linnebur, PharmD
Joseph Saseen, PharmD