Mission: CU-PediatRx is a student chapter of the Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group (PPAG), an international, nonprofit, professional association representing the interests of pediatric pharmacists and their patients. PPAG is dedicated to improving medication therapy in children through promotion of safe and effective medication use in children through communication, education, and research.
CU-PediatRx aligns itself with PPAG and its core missions and values. Our purpose on campus is to educate and involve pharmacy students in the promotion of safe and effective medication use in children through communication and education. We aim to represent the pediatric population by improving the health of children within our communities and surrounding areas. Our mission is to provide the necessary resources for students interested in the focus of pediatric pharmacy practice. This will be met through the following objectives:
- Uniting students interested in pediatric pharmacy
- Affording interested students with opportunities to augment their professional education
- Advocating for improving health of children through events in the Denver community
- Collaborating with Children’s Hospital Colorado
Description: The general aims of CU-PediatRx are:
Education - CU-PediatRx will advance the training and leadership skills that pediatric practitioners need for delivering safe and effective medications in children. This will be accomplished through presentations, mentorship programs, educational opportunities, and professional development activities.
Advocacy and Communication - CU-PediatRx will advance the awareness of optimal pediatric medication therapy with all health care professionals through communication and participation in volunteering, educational events, and fundraising activities. CU-PediatRx will uphold the mission of PPAG to enhance patient care by serving as an advocate for, and addressing the patient-specific needs of, the pediatric population.
Research - CU-PediatRx will promote the safe, effective and cost-effective use of medication in the pediatric population by encouraging student members to participate in extracurricular opportunities to learn about and support innovative strategies and research in all areas of pediatric pharmacy practice.
- Open to all students in good academic standing (GPA of 2.0 or higher).
- Maintain payment of annual dues in full ($65 annually)
- Pediatric-specific career development resources
- Community service projects
- Shared opportunities with Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO)
- Pharmacist-Student Mentor Program with pediatric pharmacists
- Leadership opportunities
- Learn directly from pediatric pharmacists at a top 10 Children's Hospital
- Discount on National PPAG conferences
- Professional focus on pediatric education, advocacy, and research
Contact: Allison Kane
- Volunteering/Community service events
- Mentorship program
- Professional development activities
- Pediatric-focused educational events
- And more!