University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-2129
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
Training and Education:
- Family Medicine Specialty Residency (PGY2), University of Colorado Denver (2008-2009)
- Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1), Denver Health Medical Center (2007-2008)
- PharmD, University of Colorado Denver School of Pharmacy (2007)
- BA, Biochemistry, University of Colorado at Boulder (2003)
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (2009)
- American Pharmaceutical Association Immunization Provider (2004)
Dr. Anderson is a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in Adult Internal Medicine at the Gipson Eastside Family Health Center, one of the Denver Health Community Health Clinics. At this clinic site, Dr. Anderson provides pharmacotherapy consultations and patient care visits for resistant hypertension, diabetes, anticoagulation and medication management. This is also a rotation site for P4 students, PGY1 and PGY2 residents. Dr. Anderson’s areas of interest include type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and transitions of care. .
Dr. Anderson participates in research related to pharmacotherapy (cardiovascular disease, dyslipidemia, diabetes) and transitions of care. She has published research articles, review articles, editorials, and continuing education materials.
Dr. Anderson serves as the Chair of the Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE) Committee and as Co-Advisor to the Sigma Chapter of Phi Delta Chi. She is an alumni member of the School of Pharmacy Alumni Association Board. At Denver Health, Dr. Anderson is the Diabetes Champion for the Eastside Clinic and serves as a member of the Diabetes Collaborative, a member of the Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacy Team, and a member of the Anticoagulation Working Group. At the state level, Dr. Anderson serves as an at-large member on the Colorado Pharmacists Society Board of Directors. Dr. Anderson volunteers as a faculty preceptor at the student-run free clinic in Aurora (DAWN Clinic).
- PHRD 7995: Clinical Capstone
- PHRD 5985: Pharmacotherapy 1: allergic rhinitis, celiac disease and dermatology
- PHRD 6915/7015: Seminar Research: faculty advisor
- PHRD 6985: Pharmacotherapy 4: Chronic management of atrial fibrillation
- PHRD 6995: Pharmacotherapy 5: ADD/ADHD
- PRDO 7311: Chronic management of atrial fibrillation
- PHRD 7300/7350: Writing preceptor and small group facilitator
- PHRD 7905: P3 Advanced IPPE: faculty preceptor
- P4 APPE: faculty preceptor