University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-1116V
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
First Floor - Office of Student Services
Training and Education:
- ASHP Accredited Residency in Adult Internal Medicine, July 1999 – June 2000, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- ASHP Accredited Residency in Pharmacy Practice, July 1998 – June 1999, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Doctor of Pharmacy, 1998, The Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, 1996, The Albany College of Pharmacy, Albany, NY
- Fellow, American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2012
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, December 2001-Present
- Certified Immunizer, American Pharmacists Association, January 2008
Dr. Hemstreet's research and teaching interests include drug therapy of gastroenterologic and hepatic disorders, and student professionalism, development, and leadership.
Dr. Hemstreet has served on the Board of Regents of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) from 2015-2018. He also served on several ACCP committees and task forces and has participated as an abstract reviewer, poster judge, moderator, and speaker at several ACCP meetings. He has chaired the Adult Medicine and GI/Liver/Nutrition PRNs within ACCP, as well as the member relations committee. Dr. Hemstreet served on the ACCP Pharmacotherapy Preparatory Course faculty from 2004-2015 in the area of gastrointestinal disorders and served on the editorial board for the seventh edition of the Pharmacotherapy Self-Assessment Program (PSAP). He has served on the faculty of the ACCP Emerge from the Crowd: How to Become a Standout Residency Candidate program from 2012-2015. He has authored several papers and textbook chapters in the areas of gastroenterology and hepatic therapeutics, including chapters in the fifth, sixth, and eight editions of PSAP. He has also served as a reviewer for PSAP, The ACCP Field Guide to Becoming a Standout Pharmacy Residency Candidate, and the ACCP Annual Clinical Pharmacy Challenge.
Dr. Hemstreet serves as Associate Editor for the gastrointestinal disorders section of the Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs and has served as an Advisory Board member for the APhA Self Care Institute. He serves as a member of the National Association of Board of Pharmacy Review Committee for the Foreign Graduate Pharmacy Equivalency Exam and the Pharmacy Curriculum Outcomes Assessment Exam. He is as a member of Rho Chi and Phi Lambda Sigma and has received multiple teaching awards.