University of Colorado
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Mail Stop C238
12850 E. Montview Blvd. V20-
Aurora, CO 80045
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Building (V20)
Training and Education:
- Ambulatory Care/Family Medicine Specialty Residency (PGY2), University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (2014-2015)
- Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1), University of Colorado Hospital (2013-2014)
- PharmD, Wingate University (2013)
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (2014)
Dr. Fixen serves as a clinical pharmacy specialist for the Seniors Clinic at University of Colorado Hospital. This clinic is a primary care site for patients older than 65 years of age. Clinical pharmacy services provided for patients include transitions of care, medication therapy management, pharmacotherapy consults, and drug information. This is also a rotation site for pharmacy students and residents. Dr. Fixen's areas of interest include: transitions of care, osteoporosis, diabetes, anticoagulation, and hypertension.
Dr. Fixen is a member of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP).
- PHRD 5065 Patient-Centered Communication 1
- PHRD 6095 Pharmacotherapy 3