This training will provide community pharmacists with the skills to identify and offer naloxone to patients who are at risk of accidental opioid overdose. Learners will also review naloxone formulations and gain familiarity with Colorado laws pertaining to naloxone dispensing and administration.
- Evaluate risk factors for accidental opioid overdose and select patients who may benefit from having naloxone in the community setting.
- Select naloxone conversion starters to use with patients in a community pharmacy.
- Compare available naloxone products and formulate counseling points for each one.
- Counsel a patient receiving naloxone for the first time.
- Faculty declare no relevant disclosures
The University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity is accredited for 1.0 hours of application-based continuing pharmacy education credit (UAN#0008-9999-19-026-H05-P, released 01/04/2019, expires 01/04/2022). To receive CE credit for each webinar, participants must complete the online evaluation, and provide their NABP eProfile ID number and month and day of their birthdate. CE credit will be uploaded to CPE Monitor within 30 days.
Link to Educational Content