We see all types of young athletes—from hockey players to cheerleaders and everyone in between. We strive to educate athletes, parents, and coaches about nutrition and injury prevention, and provide excellent care when sports injuries do happen.
Who we are
Our team of experts includes sports medicine physicians, sports-trained orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, clinicians, researchers, and athletic trainers. This group works together to develop safe, effective treatments that return young athletes to playing sports.
How we help
Because our team is specially trained in pediatrics, we understand how an injury may impact growth, or how growth might impact rehabilitation. We also offer supportive care in areas like sports nutrition and sports psychology.
Accurate assessment and age-appropriate therapies are very important when treating young athletes who are still growing and developing as they recover from and manage an injury.
Using our team’s collective pediatric expertise, we’re able to develop an integrated treatment plan for each patient. This team approach complements each athlete’s situation and facilitates their rehabilitation back into sports.
Here are a few of our specific services:
- Sports physical therapy services, including four dedicated sports therapy gyms
- Concussion diagnosis, management, and direct referral to the Concussion Program
- Fracture management with same-day X-rays, splinting, and casting for broken bones
- Dedicated sports medicine surgeons, experienced in treating youth to professional athletes
- Consultations regarding sports nutrition, sports psychology, sports-related breathing issues, injury related complications, and return-to-sport evaluations
- Sports nutrition consultation offerings personalized for the young athlete to optimize their sports performance
- Community education for primary care providers, parents, athletic directors, coaches, and athletic trainers
- Sideline and event coverage by physicians and athletic trainers for several high schools and sports clubs in metro-Denver
- Opportunities to participate in innovative research projects focused on understanding the efficacy of different treatment approaches for youth sports injuries