The 11th Annual CU Sports Medicine Fall Symposium will be held on Friday, September 30th, 2016 at Folsom Field in Boulder, CO. This course is presented by the University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Orthopedics, Division of Sports Medicine. This course is sponsored by the University of Colorado School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education.
All CU, DU, BCH, CUSMPC, CHCO, and UCH staff interested in attending should contact Ellen.Bagwell@ucdenver.edu
for a discount code; all affiliates will be discounted to a $40 registration fee
- MD’s & DO’s: $220
- Non-Physicians (PT, PA, NP, etc): $110
- Athletic Trainers: $95
- Students, Residents, and Fellows: $40
All registration rates will increase by $30 September 16, 2016. On-site registration rates will be an additional $50 from the rates listed above. Registration fees include all symposium materials, breakfast, and lunch.
REGISTER NOWLearning Objectives
- Attendees will be able to determine indications for surgical and non-operative treatments of rotator cuff tears.
- Attendees will be able to evaluate the advancement in surgery and rehabilitation so that they can offer more advanced care for athletes with shoulder instability.
- Attendees will be able to assess and apply appropriate rehabilitation strategies for the S.I.C.K scapula.
- Attendees will be able to apply understanding of the role of the scapula in shoulder function to enhance diagnosis and treatment of shoulder dysfunction.
- Attendees will be able to utilize imaging and examination techniques to understand the issues that throwing athletes have with the shoulder and the elbow and will implement strategies to improve treatment of these athletes.
The University Of Colorado School Of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
University of Colorado Sports Medicine (BOC AP# P3598) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum 7.75 EBP Category hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.*CME and CEU credits subject to change upon final agenda.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
The full symposium fee is refundable, less a $15.00 processing fee, if your cancellation is received online by September 27, 2016. The $15.00 processing fee is nonrefundable regardless of the reason for cancellation. Refunds will not be granted after this time or for non-attendance. To cancel your registration, first follow the RegOnline instructions for cancellation. Second, contact Ellen Bagwell at email@example.com for refund processing. Please note that refunds are not automatic with cancellation. You must complete the second step in the process. Questions?
Contact Ellen.Bagwell@ucdenver.edu or 303-724-2961
This symposium is directed toward Sports Medicine Specialists and allied health professionals who are involved in the care of athletes: Orthopedic Surgeons, Primary Care Physicians, Physician Assistants, Athletic Trainers, and anyone else interested in expanding their knowledge of athletic injuries and conditions of the upper extremity. The objective of this course is to educate participants on the best methods of managing athletes with injuries of the upper extremity. According to the education levels described by the PDC, the following continuing education course is considered to be Advanced Level. This course is led by Eric McCarty, MD, at the University of Colorado Denver Department of Orthopedics.