The 12th Annual CU Sports Medicine Fall Symposium will be held on Friday, September 22, 2017 at the Stadium Club at Folsom Field in Boulder, CO. This course is presented by the University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Orthopedics, Division of Sports Medicine. This course is sponsored by the University of Colorado School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education.
- Non-Physicians (PT, PA, NP, etc): $120
- Athletic Trainers: $105
- CU Sports Medicine Affiliates, Students, Residents, and Fellows: $50
All registration rates will increase by $20 on September 8, 2017. On-site registration rates will be an additional $50 from the rates listed above. Registration fees include all symposium materials, breakfast, and lunch.
REGISTER NOWLearning Objectives
- Differentiate among available graft options, evaluate evidence based benefits and risks of each graft type, and select the ideal ACL reconstruction graft for patient characteristics.
- Evaluate and appropriately treat an athlete with an injured hip or hip pain by considering hip impingement as possible diagnosis but also determining whether to treat the injury with physical therapy or surgery. Participant will understand etiology of hip disorders and participate in Hip Preservation by detecting hip pathology early and treating or referring appropriately based on available evidence based guidelines.
- Identify correct exam and imaging features used to diagnose cartilage injuries and integrate with evidence based literature in treatment of these injuries.
- Implement the best rehabilitation methods in order to safely return an athlete to play.
- Describe current biologic treatments available for symptomatic osteoarthritis, summarize available outcome evidence, and will be prepared to apply indications in clinical practice.
The University Of Colorado School Of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
University of Colorado Sports Medicine (BOC AP# P3598) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education for Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum 8 EBP Category hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.*CME and CEU credits subject to change upon final agenda.
Agenda - Click here to view the 2017 agenda
Cancellation and Refund Policy
The full symposium fee is refundable, less a $15.00 processing fee, if your cancellation is received online by September 8, 2017. The $15.00 processing fee is nonrefundable regardless of the reason for cancellation. Refunds will not be granted after this time or for non-attendance. To cancel your registration, first follow the RegOnline instructions for cancellation. Second, contact Ellen Bagwell at firstname.lastname@example.org for refund processing. Please note that refunds are not automatic with cancellation. You must complete the second step in the process.
Questions? Contact Ellen.Bagwell@ucdenver.edu or 303-724-2961
This symposium is directed toward Sports Medicine Specialists and allied health professionals who are involved in the care of athletes: Orthopedic Surgeons, Primary Care Physicians, Physician Assistants, Athletic Trainers, and anyone else interested in expanding their knowledge of athletic injuries and conditions of the lower extremity. The objective of this course is to educate participants on the best methods of managing athletes with injuries of the lower extremity. According to the education levels described by the PDC, the following continuing education course is considered to be Advanced Level. This course is led by Eric McCarty, MD, at the University of Colorado Denver Department of Orthopedics.
2016 CU Sports Medicine Fall Symposium Agenda
2016 Symposium Photos
2016 Symposium Presentations