Presented by University of Colorado School of Medicine Department of Orthopedics, Division of Sports Medicine. Sponsored by University of Colorado School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education.
When: June 1-2, 2018
900 Walnut Street
720-406-9696 | 1-877-303-0900
Registration Fees: Includes
admission to the two-day symposium; breakfast, lunch, and snacks Friday
and Saturday; admission to the Key Note Speaker Reception at Folsom
Field Friday evening; all symposium materials including a CME and CEU
- Physicians (MDs and DOs): $515
- Non-Physicians: $315
- Athletic Trainers: $275
- Discounted rate for medical students, residents, fellows and internal CU Orthopedic faculty. Email Ellen.Bagwell@ucdenver.edu for access code to discounted rate.
Please note the above registration rates reflect Early Bird Pricing. Registration Fees will increase by $50 May 18, 2018 at midnight. Onsite
registration will begin Friday, June 1, 2018 at 7am at the St. Julien
Hotel. Onsite registration Friday and Saturday will be an additional
$100 from the standard registration fee.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this conference, attendees will be able to:
- Implement appropriately paced treatment and rehabilitation into plan of care
- Develop treatment strategies that optimize outcomes for injured extreme athletes to include psychological and behavior considerations
- Identify the extreme athlete's unique perspective regarding risk perception and include measurable parameters to integrate athlete's participation with plan of care
- Analyze behavior characteristics, injury presentation of extreme athletes and facilitate integration of multi-specialty practitioner approach to address all concerns as needed
- Recognize differences between adult men and women versus youth extreme sports participants, and develop specialized injury management
Agenda: Coming Soon
Intended Audience: This symposium is directed toward Sports Medicine Specialists and Allied Health Professionals involved in the care of extreme athletes. Orthopedic Surgeons, Primary Care Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Athletic Trainers, and anyone else interested in expanding their knowledge of athletic injuries in extreme sports are welcome to attend.
Cancellation Policy: If you must cancel your registration for this course, we will refund your registration less a $50 processing fee, provided you notify us by midnight on May 30, 2018. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling due to unforeseen circumstances, the University of Colorado will refund registration fees in full. The University of Colorado is not responsible for non-transferable, non-refundable airline tickets or hotel accommodations purchased in connection with attendance at this activity.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Please contact Ellen Bagwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-724-2961 if you have any need for auxiliary aids or special assistance.