|Volunteers with Chronic Kidney Disease needed for a Uric Acid Lowering Research Study 10-0625|
To understand the effect of lowering serum uric acid levels on vascular function in individuals with CKD by comparing Allopurinol therapy and a placebo.
Persons 18+ with moderate chronic kidney disease (CKD stage III) with estimated glomerular filtration rates between 30-60 mL/min/1.73m2
|Research Study: "Anxiety Risk in Teens" 12-0424|
To learn more about risk factors for anxiety in adolescents with cyclic vomiting syndrome.
Adolescents 13-18 who have been diagnosed with either an anxiety disorder or cyclic vomiting syndrome
|Are you interested in learning about how your breast milk helps your baby grow? 12-0629|
To find out how maternal size and diabetes status affect her breast milk
To find out what unique parts of breast milk may affect how infants grow.
To learn how to ensure infants receive the best nutrition possible
Women 20-35 who are at least 28 weeks into their pregnancy and planning on exclusively breastfeeding their infant for at least 4 months and delivering at University of Colorado Hospital.
|Free Family Therapy for Youth with Mood Problems 11-1048|
Helping youth and their families understand and cope with mood swings, develop plans for preventing moods from getting worse, communicate more effectively and solve family problems
- Youth between 9-17 who has recently had significant mood swings, has at least one parent with bipolar disorder and does not abuse alcohol or substances.
- Must agree not to participate in family therapy with another provider for the first year.
|Genital Herpes? 13-2122|
This study will look at the body's immune response (how the body fights infection) to the onset of genital herpes. 1-2 study visits for blood draws over the course of 3 months.
- 18+ years of age
- Have developed an outbreak of genital herpes within the last 10 days.
|Pregnant Participants Needed: 13-3019|
Pregnant women are invited to participate in a research study which plans to learn about antibody (substance produced by the body to fight disease) levels in mothers and infants whose mothers have received the GBS vaccine between 24-34 6/7 weeks of their current pregnancy. the study will also look at antibody levels in mother's breast milk.
- Healthy pregnant woman 18-40 years of age
24 0/7 through 34 6/7 weeks pregnant
- Planning to breastfeed for at least 90 days after delivery
- Plan to deliver at University of Colorado Hospital
Gibbs MD, Ronald
|Healthy Volunteers Needed 13-3002|
The Department of Neurology is looking for healthy volunteers
to participate in a research study examining blinking and
spasms in people with Blepharospam compared to healthy
- Between the ages of 50-80
- Must not have any metal in your body
- In good general health
|Healthy Volunteers Needed for a research study of drug levels in blood and hair. 13-0427|
This study plans to learn more about how tenofovir and emtricitabine (Truvada) build up in cells in blood and hair. Participation will include two 12 week dosing periods separated by a 12 week washout period (total duration is 36 weeks). Eligible participants will be given the supply of medications for the study.
- Subject is age 18 to 50 years
- Subject is ambulatory
- Subject is able to comply with directly observed dosing procedures, including use of audio-visual streaming technology
- Subject is able to give informed consent
- Subject has a minimum scalp hair length of 2 cm in the occipital region.
- Subject is NOT pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or currently breastfeeding
- Subject is low risk for HIV-1 infection
- Subject does NOT have any active psychiatric illness(es), social condition(s), or alcohol/drug abuse
- Subject does NOT have history of non-traumatic, pathologic bone fractures
- Subject does NOT have any medical conditions that alter red blood cell kinetics
- Subject does NOT have any uncontrolled medical conditions that would interfere with the study conditions
- Subject does NOT have contraindicated concomitant medications
|Research Participants Needed 14-0770|
We are looking for healthy participants to serve as a standard for comparison
when describing physical function outcomes before and during prosthetic rehabilitation.
- 50-85 years of age.
- Able to walk continuously without assistance (i.e., do not use a cane or walker) for 10 minutes and physically active (e.g., participate in recreational activities like walking, jogging, hiking).
- No neurological, vascular or cardiac problems that limit function.
- Body mass index.
|Thinking About Starting a New Physical Activity Program? 14-0275|
This study will examine psychosocial predictors of physical activity. Participants will become members of the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center and will complete a variety of questionnaires and two fitness assessments over 12 weeks. Most of the questionnaires are completed online.
- 30-89 years of age
- Able to read and understand English
- Not participating in regular physical activity for the past 3 months
- Joining the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center
- No physical contraindications to physical activity
- No existing diagnoses of cardiovascular disease
- Not pregnant.
|The Role of Gut Bacteria in the Development of Type 1 Diabetes 11-1144|
The goal of the research is to better understand the role bacteria that live in the intestine in the development of type 1 diabetes
- Patients diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in the last 6 months
- Subjects with islet autoantibodies
- Subjects who do not have islet antibodies and are first-degree relatives of patients with diabetes or subjects with islet antibodies
- 1-45 years of age
- 303-724-6820 or 303-724-6821
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
|Tell us your story... 12-1432|
We are conducting a research study to learn more about the reproductive health of Latinas.
29-43 years old
Born in the U.S.
Have both parents born in the U.S.
Have a grandparent or great grandparent born in Mexico
|Do you have Parkinson's Disease? 11-1237|
To explore the effects of different doses of endurance exercise in people with PD.
Persons 40-80 who have been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and are not yet taking medication or plant to start medication within the next 6 months. You must be willing to begin the exercise program immediately or after a delay of 6 months and willing to do aerobic exercise on a treadmill.
|Do you have Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)? HS-2581|
Males and Females between 3 and 80 who have atopic dermatitis or males and females between 8 months and 80 who have a history of, or an active case of eczema hereticum (wide-spread herpes skin infection along with atopic dermatitis.
|Better Control of Type 2 Diabetes May Decrease Your Risk for Cardiovascular Disease. 10-0644|
To look at the use of an extended release formula of Exenatide compared to a placebo to maintain normal glucose levels. Ultimately to see better control of diabetes and a decrease in cardiovascular disease events.
Person 18+ with Type 2 Diabetes and take no more than 2 diabetes medications with stale doses for the last 3 months. Must not have a planned or anticipated revascularization procedure, but may have a history of cardiovascular disease and must see your primary care physician at least twice a year.
- 303-399-8020 X2059
|Type 2 Diabetes and Exercise Research Study 10-1393|
To research the effects of an investigational drug on
exercise capacity and blood vessel function.
Person 30-60 with Type 2 diabetes who exercise vigorously less than one hour per week and have normal blood pressure. Must not have smoked for at least one year and have a BMI between 25-39.9.
|Are you a Non-smoking Adult between the ages of 45 and 85? HS-1883a|
We are interested in learning more about smoking related lung disease, and need healthy non-smoking participants.
45-85 years old
Non-Hispanic White or African American
No smoking history
No evidence of lung disease
|Alterations in Lung Microbiome in Acute and Chronic HIV Infection 09-0898|
This is a prospective, observational cohort study. Three groups (A1, A2, and B) will be enrolled in parallel.
-Men and women >/= 18 years.
-Willing to follow all research requirements
-Willing to provide written informed consent
-Group A1- acute HIV infection defined as a high risk HIV exposure within the prior 30 days, or recent HIV-1 seroconversion defined as those with a high risk HIV-1 exposure
-Group A2- healthy controls: HIV-1 seronegative with no high risk HIV-1 exposure in the prior 30 days and no chronic medical illness
-Group B- HIV-1 infection diagnosed by a previous positive antibody or PCR test have been recommended to initiate HAART by their health care provider
You should not be in this study if you are a pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
|Has your child been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder? 13-1967|
to study sleep and brain activity
• between the ages of 12 & 18
• diagnosed with GAD
• not diagnosed with any psychological disorders
AND who are
• without orthodontic braces
• not taking sleep medications
|Volunteers needed to Participate in a Research Study about Rheumatoid Arthritis 01-675|
The purpose of this study is to learn more about how rheumatoid arthritis develops by studying people who do not have rheumatoid arthritis. Your participation in this study will help us determine if certain genetic and environmental factors affect the chances of developing RA-related autoantibodies in absence of rheumatoid arthritis.
You may be eligible to participate in the study if: -You are at least 40 years old -You do NOT have Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
|Restoring Insulin Secretion (RISE) 13-0122|
The Children’s Hospital Colorado Clinical Translational Research Center and the
National Institutes of Health are conducting a study. This study is aimed at testing
whether early treatment is beneficial to kids with early type 2 diabetes and
kids at high risk of diabetes.
10-19 years of age, Pubertal, Overweight, Fasting glucose: >90 mg/dl; Impaired glucose tolerance: >140 mg/dl; Pre-diabetes or diagnosed with diabetes for less than 6 months; Metformin
- Susan Gross
|Have you experienced a preterm birth? 13-0409|
If you participate, the information we learn from you will help us better understand how and why 1 out of 10 pregnancies in the US end in preterm birth.
1. Women ages 18-45 years old 2. willing to meet for 1-2 hours in a focus group setting 3. a mother of a baby who was born more than 3 weeks before your due date
|Do You Smoke? 12-0181|
To figure out how these lung substances work in people who drink too much alcohol, who usually smoke, compared to those who do not drink heavily, but who smoke.
Smoking and nonsmoking males
|Parents or Legal Guardians of Children with Disabilities 12-1664|
Assistive Technology Partners, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, is performing a study investigating the impact Socially Assistive Robotics has on motor, communication and cognitive skills of children with disabilities.
Children between the ages of 18 months to 5 years of age Have Significant motor and communication disabilities/delays NOT been diagnosed with blindness or deafness They are without a seizure disorder or with a well-controlled seizure disorder They have been on stable medication regime for the past 12 weeks, if they are currently taking medication.
|The Influence of Couples' Conversation on the Heart 13-2188|
The purpose of the study is to examine the influence that conversations between married couples have on the functioning of the heart.
Married Christian couples who:
• Have been married for at least 1 yr.
• Both believe in prayer.
• Are not currently taking heart medications.
• Do not have heart problems.
• Are not pregnant.
|Help Us Learn About Schizophrenia! 12-1186|
Help us learn more about a new drug that may improve thinking and concentration in people with schizophrenia.
We are looking for:
Male and female adults who smoke
18-50 years old
No previous or current mental illness
No drug use
Willing to use nicotine patch during study hospital visit
If female, willing to use birth control during the study
- 303-724-6214 or 303-724-7373
|Do you use just a rescue inhaler for asthma treatment? 29167/38|
Researchers are studying an investigational medication for the treatment of asthma in adults.
18-75 years old with asthma
Use only a rescue inhaler for asthma treatment
|Exercise for Healthy Aging 14-2207|
We need HIV+ and HIV- men and women ages 50-70 who are not currently exercising to join a 6 month exercise program
- HIV+ or HIV-
- Aged 50-70
- < 2 days/week of cardiovascular or strength training over the past 6 months
- Be willing to come into the Research Center at least 3 days per week for 6 months for supervised exercise training
- For women, must be post-menopausal
- Body mass index between 20 and 39
- Persons with the following would not be eligible: diabetes; persistent blood pressure >180/100; lung disease requiring 4 or more liters of oxygen with exercise; cancer within 1 year of enrollment; surgery or injury within 6 months of enrollment that would impact an ability to exercise; unstable heart disease; severe liver disease; prior impairment from a stroke or ongoing problems from bone or joint disease that would limit the ability to exercise; moderate to severe dementia.
- Persons taking the following medications would NOT be eligible: corticosteroid medications (such as prednisone) by mouth or injection; growth hormone or growth hormone-like therapy (ex: tesamorelin); estrogens; testosterone by injection (patch or gel is ok); chemotherapy
- If hepatitis B or C positive, must have an undetectable viral load
- If HIV+, must be on antiretroviral therapy for at least 2 years with a mostly undetectable HIV viral load, and no viral load more than 200 copies
- If HIV+, must have a CD4 count greater than 200 cells and no AIDS-associated injections in the last 6 months
|Research Trial Evaluating a New Drug in Psoriasis: Now Enrolling 14-1692|
The study will evaluate an investigational drug compared to a currently approved psoriasis medication. Your participation will provide valuable information to researchers seeking new and improved therapies. You will be given either Humira, placebo, or the investigational drug for up to 28 weeks, after which you may be switched over to the active drug depending on your response.
You may be eligible to participate if 18 years of age or older and have been diagnosed with moderate to severe plaque-type psoriasis for at least 6 months.
|DO YOU LIKE TO EAT? HEALTHY MEN needed to participate in a research study 14-2411|
Research whether age affects how fat tissue responds to 1 week of overfeeding
Men who are age 25-40 yr or 55-75 yr
overweight or mildly obese
sedentary to moderately active
Van Pelt, Rachael