|Cognitive Dysfunction in Parkinson's Disease 10-0771|
This research study plans to use simultaneous brain scans and memory tasks to see if stimulating certain areas of the brain improves thinking and memory. This is not a treatment study
Healthy males over 50 with Parkinson's disease on stable doses of medication and have no metal in the body (dental work may be ok).
|EFFECTS OF TESTOSTERONE THERAPY IN YOUNG ADOLESCENTS WITH KLINEFELTER SNDROME (47.XXY) 11-0874|
This study will study the effects of testosterone therapy on behavior, mood, problem solving, attention span, and motor skills in adolescent males with Klinefelter syndrome in early puberty. During this period in early puberty there is a lot of variability in how and when doctors start testosterone therapy. This study will evaluate if there are benefits to starting testosterone therapy in early puberty.
Participants with Klinefelter syndrome in early puberty (around age 10-15).
|Are you interested in a supervised weight loss intervention? 12-1352 |
Volunteers needed for a research weight loss study to examine the neuronal and behavioral changes that occur with different
weight loss interventions.
- 21-65 years old
- Non- smoker
- Non- Diabetic
- Exercise no more than 1 time a week
- Maintained your current weight for the last 6 months
- Have a body mass index of 30 -40
(check it out at http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
|Are you a Parkinson's patient not requiring symptomatic treatment with drugs? 13-2808|
This research study explores the effects of an FDA approved drug on Parkinson's disease.
Recently diagnosed Parkinson's patients who are not taking any drugs for symptomatic relief or are willing to go off drugs for the duration of the study with neurologist approval. We are also looking for healthy control participants.
|The Health Influences in Puberty "HIP" study 07-0988|
Research study about puberty and risk for type 2 diabetes
Healthy boy between 11 and 13 years of age
Healthy girl between 9 and 11 years of age
|Volunteers with Alzheimer’s Disease Needed for Memory Study 12-1273|
To examine the safety and efficacy of the study drug, Sargramostim (Leukine®), on memory in adults with Mild-to-Moderate Alzheimer’s Disease.
1. Age 55 to 85 years;
2. Should have a mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's Disease diagnosis (Mini-Mental State Examination 10-26 inclusive);
3. If on anti-dementia treatment should be on stable treatment for at least 2 months (i.e. cholinesterase inhibitor and/or Memantine or Axona);
4. Stable on all other medications for at least 30 days prior to screen;
5. Should be fluent in English;
6. Should be physically able to participate by medical history, clinical exam and tests;
7. Should have a study partner to accompany them to scheduled visits.
|Healthy Hispanic Female Adults Needed 07-0816|
For brain imaging research study on how the brain works with we taste sweets. Your participation could help us to develop treatments and preventive measures for anorexia nervosa and obesity
Healthy females 22 to 29 who are right-handed, free of medication with no serious medical conditions, permanent metal implants or braces/retainers, and are at a healthy body weight.
|Do you have high blood pressure? 13-3174|
Researchers at the University of Colorado Hospital are conducting a research study to help predict if blood pressure medications will work for you.
Subject must be between 30 and 75 years of age and have a diagnosis of uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure). As part of the study, you may be eligible for free medication and free clinic visits to check your blood pressure
|T•A•C•I•T - Therapy After Cochlear Implants Using Telemedicine 12-1103|
This research plans to learn more about the use of telemedicine as a means of providing therapy to children who have a cochlear implant(s). While Auditory-Verbal Therapy has typically been delivered in person, many people are starting to access therapy over the internet. We are conducting this research to determine if the outcomes of therapy are the same when AVT is delivered in person and via telemedicine.
The T•A•C•I•T team is looking for children ages 6 mos.-6 yrs. old who were implanted with cochlear implant(s) before age 3 ½.. Each child will spend nine months in both the in-person and telemedicine condition. The therapist will remain the same throughout the study. Total participation will last 18 months. The child will be tested three times: once when the study starts, and every nine months after that. A qualified study team member will administer speech, listening, and language tests to the child. They will also receive tests to identify how well their auditory area of the brain is developing.
|Participants with Chronic Kidney Disease Needed for a Research Study about Phosphate 13-0328|
We are looking for men and women to participate in a research study examining whether
lowering blood levels of phosphate will improve blood vessel function.
We need men and women who:
-are age 40-79 years old; women must be post-menopausal;
-have chronic kidney disease stage 3b or 4 (estimated GFR 15-45 ml/min);
-are not taking phosphate binders;
-do not have high blood phosphate (>5.5 mg/dL).
|Are you interested in a research study of a new investigational birth control patch? 14-1868|
We are recruiting women to join a large clinical research study of a contraceptive patch.
The patch contains the same type of hormones that are in many birth control pills.
The patch is designed to be flexible and is applied onto the skin, just once a week.
• Be sexually active at least once a month
• Need to use birth control
• Not wish to become pregnant for at least 1 year
• Be able to use the patch as your only form of birth control for at least 1 year.
|ESS-NSPAS Study 14-1808|
Bayer HealthCare is sponsoring a medical research study to look at the effectiveness of Essure after having a procedure (NovaSure) that decreases your heavy menstrual bleeding. Both Essure and NovaSure are approved by the FDA.
This study is enrolling patients now and you may qualify to participate.
Are you currently using the Essure method of contraception?
Are your periods heavy, frequent or prolonged?
One important prerequisite is - you must have had a successful Essure placement AND be willing to undergo a NovaSure endometrial ablation, a treatment option for heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia).
|Do you suffer from scalp psoriasis? 14-1577|
We are researching a new drug that may help with your scalp psoriasis.
We invite you to participate in a research study testing a novel therapy in scalp psoriasis.
To qualify for this study, you must be an adult 18 years of age or older, and you must be diagnosed with moderate to severe scalp psoriasis (for at least six months).
|Would you like to volunteer for a research study? 14-1561|
Your participation in this study will help the researcher to understand more about cervical cancer prevention among Hispanic women who have Mexican and Mexican-American cultural values.
English speaking female, who was born, and currently lives, in the U.S., has had a pap smear, is between the ages 21-50 years old, and self-identifies as Mexican or Mexican-American.
- (720) 445-5623
|Volunteers with Chronic Kidney Disease needed for a Uric Acid Lowering Research Study 10-0625|
To understand the effect of lowering serum uric acid levels on vascular function in individuals with CKD by comparing Allopurinol therapy and a placebo.
Persons 18+ with moderate chronic kidney disease (CKD stage III) with estimated glomerular filtration rates between 30-60 mL/min/1.73m2
|Research Study: "Anxiety Risk in Teens" 12-0424|
To learn more about risk factors for anxiety in adolescents with cyclic vomiting syndrome.
Adolescents 13-18 who have been diagnosed with either an anxiety disorder or cyclic vomiting syndrome
|Are you interested in learning about how your breast milk helps your baby grow? 12-0629|
To find out how maternal size and diabetes status affect her breast milk
To find out what unique parts of breast milk may affect how infants grow.
To learn how to ensure infants receive the best nutrition possible
Women 20-35 who are at least 28 weeks into their pregnancy and planning on exclusively breastfeeding their infant for at least 4 months and delivering at University of Colorado Hospital.
|Free Family Therapy for Youth with Mood Problems 11-1048|
Helping youth and their families understand and cope with mood swings, develop plans for preventing moods from getting worse, communicate more effectively and solve family problems
- Youth between 9-17 who has recently had significant mood swings, has at least one parent with bipolar disorder and does not abuse alcohol or substances.
- Must agree not to participate in family therapy with another provider for the first year.
|Genital Herpes? 13-2122|
This study will look at the body's immune response (how the body fights infection) to the onset of genital herpes. 1-2 study visits for blood draws over the course of 3 months.
- 18+ years of age
- Have developed an outbreak of genital herpes within the last 10 days.
|Seeking Children Ages 3 to 17 with NO History of Allergies, Eczema or Asthma HS-2581|
The goal of this study is to determine why some individuals with atopic dermatitis are at increased risk for skin infections.
- Between the ages of 3-17
- No history of allergies, eczema or asthma
Leung, MD., Ph.D, Donald
|Pregnant Participants Needed: A Phase II, Multicenter, Randomized, Observer-Blind, Controlled Study to Evaluate Safety and Immunogenicity of a Trivalent Group B Streptococcus (GBS) Vaccine in Healthy Pregnant Women 13-3019|
Pregnant women are invited to participate in a research study which plans to learn about antibody (substance produced by the body to fight disease) levels in mothers and infants whose mothers have received the GBS vaccine between 24-34 6/7 weeks of their current pregnancy. the study will also look at antibody levels in mother's breast milk.
- Healthy pregnant woman 18-40 years of age
24 0/7 through 34 6/7 weeks pregnant
- Planning to breastfeed for at least 90 days after delivery
- Plan to deliver at University of Colorado Hospital
Gibbs MD, Ronald
|Healthy Volunteers Needed 13-3002|
The Department of Neurology is looking for healthy volunteers
to participate in a research study examining blinking and
spasms in people with Blepharospam compared to healthy
- Between the ages of 50-80
- Must not have any metal in your body
- In good general health
|Healthy Volunteers Needed for a research study of drug levels in blood and hair. 13-0427|
This study plans to learn more about how tenofovir and emtricitabine (Truvada) build up in cells in blood and hair. Participation will include two 12 week dosing periods separated by a 12 week washout period (total duration is 36 weeks). Eligible participants will be given the supply of medications for the study.
- Subject is age 18 to 50 years
- Subject is ambulatory
- Subject is able to comply with directly observed dosing procedures, including use of audio-visual streaming technology
- Subject is able to give informed consent
- Subject has a minimum scalp hair length of 2 cm in the occipital region.
- Subject is NOT pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or currently breastfeeding
- Subject is low risk for HIV-1 infection
- Subject does NOT have any active psychiatric illness(es), social condition(s), or alcohol/drug abuse
- Subject does NOT have history of non-traumatic, pathologic bone fractures
- Subject does NOT have any medical conditions that alter red blood cell kinetics
- Subject does NOT have any uncontrolled medical conditions that would interfere with the study conditions
- Subject does NOT have contraindicated concomitant medications
|Research Participants Needed 14-0770|
We are looking for healthy participants to serve as a standard for comparison
when describing physical function outcomes before and during prosthetic rehabilitation.
- 50-85 years of age.
- Able to walk continuously without assistance (i.e., do not use a cane or walker) for 10 minutes and physically active (e.g., participate in recreational activities like walking, jogging, hiking).
- No neurological, vascular or cardiac problems that limit function.
- Body mass index.
|Thinking About Starting a New Physical Activity Program? 14-0275|
This study will examine psychosocial predictors of physical activity. Participants will become members of the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center and will complete a variety of questionnaires and two fitness assessments over 12 weeks. Most of the questionnaires are completed online.
- 30-89 years of age
- Able to read and understand English
- Not participating in regular physical activity for the past 3 months
- Joining the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center
- No physical contraindications to physical activity
- No existing diagnoses of cardiovascular disease
- Not pregnant.
|The Role of Gut Bacteria in the Development of Type 1 Diabetes 11-1144|
The goal of the research is to better understand the role bacteria that live in the intestine in the development of type 1 diabetes
- Patients diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in the last 6 months
- Subjects with islet autoantibodies
- Subjects who do not have islet antibodies and are first-degree relatives of patients with diabetes or subjects with islet antibodies
- 1-45 years of age
- 303-724-6820 or 303-724-6821
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
|Tell us your story... 12-1432|
We are conducting a research study to learn more about the reproductive health of Latinas.
29-43 years old
Born in the U.S.
Have both parents born in the U.S.
Have a grandparent or great grandparent born in Mexico
|Do you have Parkinson's Disease? 11-1237|
To explore the effects of different doses of endurance exercise in people with PD.
Persons 40-80 who have been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and are not yet taking medication or plant to start medication within the next 6 months. You must be willing to begin the exercise program immediately or after a delay of 6 months and willing to do aerobic exercise on a treadmill.
|Do you have Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)? HS-2581|
Males and Females between 3 and 80 who have atopic dermatitis or males and females between 8 months and 80 who have a history of, or an active case of eczema hereticum (wide-spread herpes skin infection along with atopic dermatitis.
|Better Control of Type 2 Diabetes May Decrease Your Risk for Cardiovascular Disease. 10-0644|
To look at the use of an extended release formula of Exenatide compared to a placebo to maintain normal glucose levels. Ultimately to see better control of diabetes and a decrease in cardiovascular disease events.
Person 18+ with Type 2 Diabetes and take no more than 2 diabetes medications with stale doses for the last 3 months. Must not have a planned or anticipated revascularization procedure, but may have a history of cardiovascular disease and must see your primary care physician at least twice a year.
- 303-399-8020 X2059