Skip to main content
Sign In

Graduate School


There are no university-owned on-campus housing at the Anschutz Medical Campus. The Office of Campus Student Services manages the CU Anschutz Medical Campus portion of the Commuter Services webpage​. It contains off campus housing information as well as listing for roommates looking for housing and students looking to live with other students. Additionally, current CSD students are an excellent resource for housing information and advice.

Colorado Residency

If you are a U.S. citizen and not already a Colorado resident, you will need to change your residence status prior to fall semester of your second year. The CSD Program will only pay out-of-state tuition during the first year, except for international students. Please stop by the Admissions and Records Office during the first few weeks of school in your first year to ask for instructions on changing your residency. Normally you must be able to establish physical presence in the state for a full year before being granted in-state status. See the information provided by Admissions and Records for details.

Payroll Paperwork

Before you can receive your stipend, you must fill out the appropriate paperwork with the CSD Program and the CU-AMC Payroll Department. Note: An original social security card is required before you can be entered in the university payroll system. If you do not have an original card, you must apply for one immediately after you arrive. Be sure to get a letter from the clerk in the social security office stating that you have applied for a new card. A copy of this letter must be given to the Payroll Department before you can be paid. When your new card arrives, stop by Payroll so they can put a photocopy of your card in your file.

Your stipend will be paid monthly on the last working day of the month (or as deemed by the State of Colorado). Appropriate taxes will be withheld from your pay, based on the withholding form you submit to payroll. If you want more details about what your net pay will be, contact payroll at (303) 735-6500 (Boulder).

Health Insurance

All students are required to be covered by health insurance. You will be signed up for the University Student Health Insurance Program unless you have another plan in place and specifically waive the University plan. Before Fall Semester each year, you will receive a form to fill out to select the student health plan or to waive it. Please notify the Graudate School office if you plan to waive the student insurance. For more information on the plan and what it covers, contact Student Insurance, x.4-7674.

ID Badges

You will receive a University ID Card at Program orientation. You will need this card for library privileges and building access after hours and weekends, and to access the lab space.

Course Registration

Each semester you will need to register online via your UCDAccess portal

Note: You are responsible for knowing registration and drop/ add deadlines each quarter, and making sure the appropriate forms are turned in on time. The CSD Program will not pay any late charges assessed because of missed deadlines! You will be responsible for paying any of these charges yourself.

Note: All students must submit the student health form each fall semester and either sign up for or waive student health insurance.

​​Tuition Bills

A few weeks following registration, you will receive a tuition bill in the mail. Please bring these bills to the CSD office for payment as soon as you receive them. You will be personally responsible for any late charges if you do not bring your bill in before the payment deadline.


Students enrolled in CU Denver or CU Anschutz Medical Campus programs are given preference for parking on campus

A one-time, non-refundable $10 activation fee is charged for all new accounts and for any parking accounts that have been inactive for six consecutive months

New accounts are pro-rated on a half month basis only, depending on when the account is activated.

Student Permit Rates

Students: $38/month

Permit parking after hours and weekends only: No Charge. Monday - Friday 6:00pm to 6:00am or all day on Saturday and Sunday – Access in or out of the lot will be denied outside of this time frame. Those still in the lot after 6:00am will be required to pay the hourly parking rate upon exit.

Rock Lot Parking: $12/month, The Rock Lot is a low-cost parking option for students on the Anschutz Medical Campus that is in close proximity to the campus. It is located on the west side of Victor Street north of the UPI garage.

Reserved Parking: $85/month

Carpool: $38/month

Short Term Weekly Parking (1 to 8 weeks): $12/week 

Manage Your Student Parking Permit Online (Please note: You must have established parking at the Parking Office before you will be able to manage your parking account online.)