K12 Website FAQ's
When is the application due?
- There is no due date for the application. This is because we have opted for an open
enrollment process, such that the selection of final candidates is ongoing
until we have achieved a qualified candidate pool. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as
possible to be considered, and the first review date will be Jan. 22, 2018.
How many candidates will be selected to start in July of 2018?
- Three candidates will be selected to participate
in the program, beginning July 1, 2018 and two the following year.
When should my application be submitted so it is in the first round of
- By January 21st, 2018. The first round of application review will
begin on January 22nd, 2018; therefore, you must submit your
application before then to be considered in the first round
When will candidates be notified of being accepted or denied?
- By late spring of 2018. Because of the rolling enrollment process, we
will let candidates know by late spring of 2018 if they have been accepted or
not, although notification could come sooner as scholars are selected.
How long is the program for those enrolled?
in the program can expect to be supported, depending on needs, for two years on consecutive
What is the time commitment involved for participation?
- The minimum FTE commitment is 75% and 100% is
How much salary support is offered?
- $90k per year salary support, and additional
funds to offset tuition and research costs are provided
Is a faculty appointment at the University of Colorado, Denver required?
- No. A
faculty appointment is optional, but should a scholar want one, that can be
pursued and needs to be arranged with a supporting department.
Who can I contact with questions related to the program or to the
- Send all questions to the program manager,
Rebecca Speer, at Rebecca.Speer@ucdenver.edu. She will answer any questions you have, or
seek further information from the program directors on your behalf.