Sync Google Class Calendars to iOS Device
- Setup an account with Google Calendar if you do not currently have one
- On your iOS device, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap Add Account
- Choose Gmail as the type of account to set up
- Enter your Google Calendar account email address. (use the same address provided to the PT Program for sharing of your class calendar)
- Use your Google Calendar account email address as the username and put your password in the appropriate field
- Change the Account name to Class Calendars (see Image 1)
Image 1 - Account Setup Screen
- Tap the Next button and you may receive a dialog box appears telling you that a certificate can’t be verified, tap Cancel. If not, go to the next step
- In the resulting screen enter m.google.com in the Server field and tap the Next button at the top of the screen
- In the next screen you have the option to sync Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. To sync only calendars, flick the switch next to the Calendars entry to On and flick the Mail switch off
*If you have an existing Gmail account on your phone and you wish to keep your existing events on your iPhone, tap the Keep on My iPhone button that appears. Verify that you want to do this when the Keep on My iPhone button reappears.
- Tap Save at the top of the screen
- To choose the calendars to sync, launch Safari on the iOS device and travel to https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect
- Enter your Google Calendar username and password when prompted
- In the resulting Settings screen, tap on the shared calendars that you want to sync with your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad (see image 2)
*Please note that the calendar must be shared to your Google Calendar account before it can be synced to your iOS device
Image 2 - Google Sync Settings
- Launch the Calendar app on your iOS device.
- Tap the Calendars entry at the top of the screen. In the Calendars screen that appears you’ll see an entry for your Class Calendars account that lists all the shared calendars you’ve chosen (See Image 3). If you don’t see the calendars in the list, click on sync.
Image 3 - List of Google Calendars
- Now in your iOS calendar you will have a live calendar of your class schedule. You will need to repeat this process at the end/beginning of each semester.