MSTP students complete both required Medical and Graduate School Curricula, USMLE, Preliminary Graduate Exam and lab rotations during their first two years (Phases I and II).
Is divided into five phases: the Essentials Core (Phases I and II), the PhD Research, the Clinical Core (Phase III), and Advanced Studies (Phase IV).
- Integrates basic science and clinical material throughout all phases.
- Encourages independent, self-directed learning.
- Promotes advanced clinical examination and clinical reasoning skills.
MSTP Specific Courses:
- Foundations of Doctoring for MSTP Students in Thesis Years (IDPT 7655) allows students to work with a preceptor 1 day a month during the duration of their PhD. This course is a special Foundations Course specific for MSTP students.
- Molecules to Medicine for MSTP students (IDPT 7805) is a modified version of the small group, case discussion section of "Molecules to Medicine" for MD students.
Center for Advanced Professional Excellence. CAPE is a full-service assessment and education center specializing in the use of standardized patients, teaching associates and simulators.