• Provides health care services by performing the appropriate assessment including the history and physical exam, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, and implementing therapeutic treatment measures under the supervision of the assigned physician supervisor. Works as an integral part of the clinician staff by participating in Medical Staff and PA/NP meetings as well as other projects and committees of Shasta Community Health Center.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Take appropriate history and physical examination of patients.
• Order pertinent diagnostics and implement appropriate therapy according to scope of practice guidelines.
• Obtain supervising physician's consultation when problems presented are outside scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient's care according to the PA/NP Standardized Procedures.
• Communicate effectively with the patients while involved with their health care, including providing appropriate patient education while answering questions and in history taking.
• Demonstrate competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through the peer review processes including chart review, by interactions with physician preceptors and by working collaboratively with support staff and all staff of SCHC.
• Become an integral part of the clinical staff through participation in Medical Staff meetings, PA/NP meetings, and other committees of SCHC.
• Willingly perform other duties within the scope of practice as assigned.
• Responsible for maintaining current licenses to practice medicine. Copies are to be given to Human Resources.
• Responsible for providing proof of earned CME hours annually to Human Resources.
• Consent to an annual physical in accordance with Title 22.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
• Completed a nationally accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program.
• Current license and be in good standing with the California Licensing Board.
• Current CPR Certification.
Please visit our website at: www.shastahealth.org
The Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine Division Advanced Practice Provider Group
Seeking Acute Care Nurse Practitioners & Physician Assistants
The Advanced Practice Provider will practice as an independent provider, in collaboration with a fellowship trained intensivist, within a multidisciplinary surgi-cal critical care ICU team.
The environment is challenging and rewarding and allows the APP the opportunity to practice to the fullest extent of their scope of practice.
obtaining medical histories
performing physical examinations
participating in multidisciplinary rounds
ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests
designing/implementing care plans
performing invasive procedures
Typical provider to patient ratio 1:6. In this academic environment, talents and skills are developed through intellectually stimulating work experiences.
JOB CODE: 73601025
TITLE: Physician Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Roaring Fork Family Practice
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs advanced patient assessments including complete health and psychosocial history and
2. Orders and interprets routine laboratory tests.
3. Orders appropriate medications and/or medical devices.
4. Provides for therapeutic treatments and procedures as per delegation of services agreement.
These include periodic health assessments, health education and counseling.
5. Seeks consultation of the physician for patient conditions outlined in agreement.
6. Arranges referrals to other members of the health team as needed and to community resources as
7. Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal and local laws governing the delivery of care,
including reporting as required by law and complying with all organizational policies regarding
ethical business practices.
8. Respects the dignity and privacy of patients and obtains appropriate consents. Provides open
and timely communication and education to patients, families and significant others to allow
participation in care.
9. Demonstrates a commitment to personal growth and development by obtaining continuing education
in areas of practice and maintain current CPR and other appropriate licensures/certifications.
10. Demonstrates professional appearance and conduct including excellent attendance record.
11. Works to maintain a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with patients, families
12. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner to the community.
13. Follows proper procedures for the disposal of hazardous waste.
Successful completion of a Physician Assistant training program and current state certification/licensure
Current BLS certification
Immediate position available in a busy cardiology office in Patchogue NY.
Full time and part time position available with great autonomy and physician backup.
Great salary and excellent benefits. New graduate, soon to graduate or limited experience provider are welcome.
Please submit resume for review and consideration.
Qualified candidates should be certified by NCCPA and licensed or eligible for New York State.
Clinic in Aurora CO that is looking for a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide coverage in an outpatient setting beginning in January. This clinic is looking for coverage for at least three months with potential to extend.
Dates needing coverage: 1/12/18 for 3 months with potential extension
Practice Setting: Pediatrics
Facility Type: Walk-in clinic
Reason for Coverage: Growth
Work Schedule: 4x10s or 5x8s
On Call/Call Backs: No
Required Skills: 2+ yrs. experience, no new grads
Preferred Skills: Experience in undeserved populations.
Case Load: 20 - 30 daily
Patient Population: All pediatrics up to 21
Certifications Required: BLS, PALS
EMR: GE Centricity, preferred GE Centricity experience
Support Staff: Solo providers, 1 MA
Please contact Katy Romero
Staffing Consultant I Advanced Practice Primary Care
Medical Staffing Division CompHealth