Announcements for Students:
Steering Committee and Leadership
- The following students have been elected and confirmed for GHT SC leadership positions for 2012-13 school year. These positions are not contested and all nominees have accepted their nominations.
- Co-Chairs: Ben Frederick, Lindy van Landingham, Matt Leroue (all Class of 2013)
- Assistant Chair: TJ Webb (Class of 2013)
- Secretary: Lauren Wempe (Class of 2015)
Steering Committee Meetings - Open to all GHT'ers.
- Next meeting Will be on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 6pm in Ed1 Room 1400.
- Previous Meetings - Last one took place on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 6pm at the Cedar Creek Pub.
Graduating MS4s GHT Celebration: 5-8p.m. May 22, 2012 in City Park
- MS4s, you're almost there. At this point, just about all of you have completed the requirements for the global health track. Congrats on your achievements and GH projects while in medical school.
- Families and all other GHT classes are invited!
- The event is shaping up to be to be a BBQ/picnic in City Park from 5-8p.m on Tuesday, May 22, 2012.
Welcome to the MS1s
The new class of MS1s have been accepted into the track! Welcome aboard and we can't wait to see what exciting projects you're class will create and contribute to!
Rising MS3s (Class of 2014) and Rising MS4s (Class of 2013)
During your upcoming ICC weeks there will be dedicated track time. You can plan on having a GHT meeting during that time. Since this time is dedicated for tracks, please do not make other personal or professional plans during these meeting times. Below are the dedicated track times for the respective classes. Location TBD.
- Rising 3rd Years - ICC 7001 - Wednesday, April 18th, 12-1pm (This is a correction!!!!)
- Rising 4th Years - ICC 7003 - Wednesday, May 2, 12-1pm
All GHT Students
We'd like to encourage all students to be thinking about presenting their work, research, etc. at various global health conferences. In an effort to help you find applicable conferences to attend and/or present at, we will begin listing upcoming conferences below (scroll down a bit.)
Mentored Scholarly Activity (MSA) Resources
Current Requirements to Complete the GHT
- GHT Requirements (MS Word .doc)
Upcoming CU Events:
Moving the GHT Forward - Town Hall meeting about the future of the GHT!
- ED2 North Room 2102 for Wednesday 2/22 from 12pm - 1pm. Lunch will be served!
- After a productive meeting with Steve Berman and the Center for Global Health last week, we have identified the next steps we need to take to move forward with establishing the GHT endowment. The steering committee is hosting this meeting to discuss our next immediate steps.
Spring Semester Social Dinner with Dr. Palazuelos of Partners in Health (PIH)
- Hi folks! Our next social gathering will be Wed., Feb 29, 2012 at 7:00p.m. (LEAP YEAR!!!) at the Vine St Café (17th and Vine Streets.) We'll be having dinner with Daniel Palazuelos of Partners in Health. Let John Prucha know if you can make it. That way he can have a good head count for the people at Vine Street. Also, be sure to give a big thanks to John for organizing this event!
MS4 Recognition Event
- A committee will be planning an event to recognize our graduating seniors for completing the requirements of the GHT. This event will likely take place on Tuesday the week of graduation (May 22 or 23.) Families and all GHT classes are invited. More details to come.
2nd Annual GHT Fundraiser
- After consideration of various events, the GHT leadership has decided the Annual GHT Fundraiser Concert will fit into our annual calendar best in the fall time. Thus, we are moving the concert this year to approximately October 2012. Please check back for details as this event approaches.
CU CGH Lecture Series
CU Global Health Symposium 2012 (CANCELLED for 2012)
- Unfortunately, the GH Symposium had to be cancelled this year.
- Expect the Symposium to be back in 2013!
- Please direct all questions on this to the Center for Global Health
Other events and announcements:
Upcoming Global Health Conferences: (in chronological order)
- 2012 Global Health & Innovation Conference
Presented by Unite For Sight, 9th Annual Conference
Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
April 21-22, 2012
- 2012 Western Regional International Health Conference (WRIHC)
Theme: “At a Crossroads: Choosing Hidden Paths in Global Health.”
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
April 27-29, 2012
- 2012 Global Health Council Annual Conference
39th Annual International Conference on Global Health
Washington, D.C., USA
July 18-21, 2012
- 2012 Family Medicine Global Health Workshop (Organized by the AAFP)
September 6-8, 2012
Marriott Minneapolis City Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- 2012 Canadian Conference on Global Health (Theme: Global Health in the Shifting World Economy)
Organized by the Canadian Society for International Health (CSIH)
October 21-24, 2012
Call for abstracts: March, 2012. Registration will open in May, 2012
- 2012 GHEC Conference (Global Health Education Consortium)
Not yet announced on their website as of January 2012
Likely November 2012
Students for Global Health (SGH) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Campus
- SGH at Anschutz Medical Campus is a student-run, multi-disciplinary organization and is a separate entity from the School of Medicine Global Health Track (GHT) and the University's Center for Global Health (CGH.) Many of SOM GHT students are involved in both and there is often overlap in our efforts.