Medicine and Society
Key Areas of Study
- Health Policy
- Medical Economics
- Health Care Systems
- Physicians in Society
- Contemporary Issues in Health and Health Care
- Graduates will have an understanding of the social determinants of health and their impact on the expression of individual and community health.
- Graduates will be able to illustrate a broad map of the components of healthcare systems.
- Graduates will recognize challenges to safety and quality through the integration of those components.
- Graduates will be able to relate the role of health care policy in achieving community and population health.
- Graduates will develop a basic vocabulary in healthcare economics, and use it to analyze the provider’s role in healthcare costs and health policy.