- Students who did not complete intensive course work in Phases I and II should schedule two four-week MSA blocks early in Phase IV to work on their project
- Work on project between April and January
- Communicate with your Associate Director
- Meet regularly with your mentor
- Submit first draft of paper
- Complete scholarly product
- Submit final 10-25 page MSA paper
- Prepare and deliver a capstone poster presentation of your project
Phase IV Course Requirements and Timeline
- Submit first draft of paper by December 15, 2014 through the Canvas Assignment.
- Submit final 10-25 page MSA paper by February 2, 2015 (Any Published paper is acceptable, but a contributor ship statement is required (see MSA Rubrics for assessment criteria)) Submit paper through Canvas Assignment.
- Present your work at your assigned poster session during the MSA capstone event on March 5, 2015 (see MSA Rubrics for assessment criteria)
- Evaluate peer presentations at the MSA capstone event in March
Phase IV Electives (IDPT 8091 and IDPT 8093)
Elective Course Requirements
This is a 4 week elective during phase IV. The purpose is to allow students to focus on completing the draft/final paper or prepare for the capstone presentation.
Students work intensively with mentors on their chosen MSA Project.
Students critically review background literature, define a question/hypothesis, develop and implement methods and study design, collect data, analyze and interpret data, and submit written progress reports for their MSA Project.
IDPT 8091 and IDPT 8093 Course Guide
How do you sign up for the elective?
Have mentor sign off on elective registration form.
Send mentored signed elective registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at Cody Miller office (Building 500 – E1322D)
The completed elective form will be sent by email to Student affairs for registration. The student registering will be included in the email.
***Note if you are a student who traveled in your phase I/II for a global health MSA and plan on traveling in phase IV for your MSA, please email email@example.com to find out further details for registering.
Draft and Final Paper
Papers will be double spaced, typed in 12 ppt. Arial font and have 1 inch margins. Most papers will include the following components:
- Cover Page – Title of paper, your name, mentor’s name (Please make a cover page even if you are submitting a peer-reviewed published paper).
- References (minimum of 20)
- Prepare and present a poster
- Present project to classmates and faculty during ICC on March 6, 2014
- Evaluate peer presentations during the sessions you are not assigned to present
If graduating off cycle, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for timeline.