Meet and communicate with Associate Director as required
Communicate with mentor regularly
Complete an Annotated Bibliography
Attend and present Work In Progress (WIP) session fall semester
Review and utilize relevant literature (ongoing)
Define approach, methods, and scholarly plan
Phase II MSA Course Requirements and Timeline
Present current status of project at WIP session fall semester
- Submit an Annotated Bibliography and Abstract
- Submit PowerPoint Presentation that will be presented during Work In Progress
- The Research Consulting Laboratory is available without charge to MSA students. The RCL can help with study design, power & sample size calculations, data analysis and interpretation. You can make an appt. by calling 303-724-4619, firstname.lastname@example.org
, or stop by Children's Hospital Colorado - Administratiion Pavilion Room C4149, on the south side of the 4th floor, facing the light well or University of Colorado Building 406 NW corner of campus 12477 E 19th Avenue Room 102, south side of first floor, west wing. Please be sure to identify yourself as an MSA student.
- COMIRB approval is required for all students conducting human subjects research. You will need to complete required training
in order to submit a protocol or be added to an existing protocol.
Health Science Library
- The MSA program has a librarian assigned for each of the 5 thematic areas who can help with professional grade searches for background sections of proposals and with systematic reviews.
Projects Seeking Students
- There are a number of longitudinal projects that seek students to take an active role. This link will provide a brief project description as well as the contact information for either the mentor or a student working on the project.
- The Writing Center is available to assist with your writing for your MSA proposals and with scholarly papers that may result from your MSA project. The Writing Center is located in the HS library.