The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado, the largest academic health center in the Rocky Mountain region and one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world.
Home to 21,000 employees, more than 4,000 degree-seeking students and two nationally recognized hospitals that handle 1.7 million patient visits each year, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce and fuels the economy.
CU Anschutz features schools of medicine, including physical therapy and physician assistant programs, pharmacy, dental medicine and public health, a college of nursing and a graduate school.
These organizations collaboratively improve the quality of patient care they deliver, research they conduct, and health professionals they train.
Learn about the School of Medicine's national rankings, educational programs and acclaimed research and community work.
Approximate class sizes:
- 184 Medical Students
- 265 Residents and Fellows
- 80 PhD Scientists
- 70 Physical Therapists
- 40 Physician Assistants
Community Impact & Service: The School of Medicine has a long-standing record of service that reflects our commitment
to serving the Colorado community.
Education Community - Learn about school publications and celebrations including Match Day, Matriculation and Graduation.
- Phase I & II: 18 months of integrated basic science, clinical learning, and translational thinking, organized by systems, not by medical subjects
- Phase III & IV: 28 months of newly integrated clinical rotations, in 12 blocks and 10 months of Phase IV clinical electives
- Longitudinal Curriculum
- Foundations of Doctoring
- Mentored Scholarly Activities
- Humanities, Professionalism, and Ethics
- Medicine and Society
- Culturally Effective Care
- Informatics and Evidence Based Medicine
Newsroom - Keep track of the school's research, community outreach, clinical developments and education events.
Research - See our latest research developments, learn about clinical trials and find a researcher through Colorado Profiles