Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications:
1. Jappe LM, Frank GKW, Shott ME, Rollin MDH, Pryor T, Hagman JO, Yang TT, Davis E. Heightened Sensitivity to Reward and Punishment in Anorexia Nervosa. Int J Eat Disord, In Press.
2. Frank GK et al. Sucrose activates human taste pathways differently from artificial sweetener. Neuroimage. 2008 Feb 15;39(4):1559-69.
3. Bailer UF, Frank GK, Henry SE, Price JC, Meltzer CC, Becker C, Ziolko SK, Mathis CA, Wagner A, Barbarich-Marsteller NC, Putnam K, Kaye WH. Serotonin transporter binding after recovery from eating disorders.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2007
4. Frank GK, Bailer UF, Meltzer CC, Price JC, Mathis CA, Wagner A, Becker C, Kaye WH. Regional cerebral blood flow after recovery from anorexia or bulimia nervosa. Int J Eat Disord. 2007 May 24
5. Frank GK, Bailer UF, Henry SE, Price JC, Meltzer CC, Weissfeld L, Mathis C, Drevets WC, Wagner A, Hoge J, Ziolko SK, McConaha CW, Kaye WH. Increased dopamine D2/D3 receptor binding after recovery from anorexia nervosa measured by positron emission tomography and [11C]raclopride. Biol Psychiatry. 2006: 58(11):908-12.
6. Frank GK, Wagner A, Brooks-Achenbach S, McConaha C, Skovira K, Aizenstein H Cameron S. Carter, Walter H. Kaye. Altered Brain Activity in Women Recovered From Bulimic Type Eating Disorders After A Glucose Challenge. Int J Eat Disord. 2006; 39(1):76-79.
7. Frank GK, Kaye WH, Carter CS, Brooks S, May C, Fissel K, Stenger VA. The evaluation of brain activity in response to taste stimuli-a pilot study and method for central taste activation as assessed by event-related fMRI. J Neurosci Methods. 2003 Dec 30;131(1-2):99-105.
8. Frank GK, Kaye WH, Meltzer CC, Price JC, Greer P, McConaha C, Skovira K. Reduced 5-HT2A receptor binding after recovery from anorexia nervosa. Biol Psychiatry. 2002 Nov 1;52(9):896-906.
9. Frank GK, Kaye WH, Sahu A, Fernstrom J, McConaha C. Does reduced CSF Galanin contribute to altered taste related hedonics in anorexia nervosa? Neuropsychopharmacology 24(6):705-709, 2001
10. Kaye WH, Frank GK, McConaha C. Altered dopamine activity after recovery from restricting-type anorexia nervosa. Neuropsychopharmacology (1999), Vol 21:503-506.
11. Cuntz U, Frank G, Fichter MM. Interrelationships between the size of pancreas and the weight of patients with eating disorders. Int J of Eat Disord 27: 297-303, 2000.
12. Frank GK, Kaye WH, Altemus M, Greeno CG. Oxytocin and Vasopressin after recovery from Bulimia Nervosa and binge-eating/purging type Anorexia Nervosa. Biol Psychiatry 2000; 48:315-318.
Grants and Contracts:
Davis Foundation Award of the Klarman Family Foundation Grants Program in Eating Disorders, The Brain Reward System Across the Major Eating Disorders and its Relationship to Genotype, Role: Principal Investigator; June 1, 2008 - May 31, 2010
1K23MH080135-01A2 National Institutes of Health, Brain Reward-Pathway Function and Neurocomputational Modeling in Anorexia Nervosa, Role: Principal Investigator; July 29, 2008- April 30, 2013