The goal of the Optogenetics and Neural
Engineering (ONE) Core is to facilitate the incorporation of optogenetics methods
into existing research programs at the Anschutz Medical Campus.
a set of methods by which cellular function can be manipulated with light,
allowing unprecedented spatiotemporal control of a rapidly expanding set of
biological activities. We hope to make this set of tools more accessible to
novice users on campus via the following services:
1) Design and fabrication of light sources and delivery
devices for in vivo/vitro optical stimulation.
2) Consultation on adopting/optimizing the use of optogenetic methods.
3) Design and production of custom hardware
and software components.
4) Supply equipment to assist optogenetic experimentation.
5) Data analysis of neuronal experiments.
6) Engineering support for research realization, including use of
> Additional services may be added based on the needs of the
> Services available to researchers outside of the
Anschutz Medical Campus.
The Program is supported by the University of Colorado School
Of Medicine Academic Enrichment Fund and the P30 Grant.
Some useful links:
http://www.optogeneticsapp.com/ - Useful application for calculating
for optogenetics research, developed in house
http://www.stanford.edu/group/dlab/optogenetics/ - General resource for optogenetics at
http://www.openoptogenetics.org/ - Frequently updated website concerning
optogenetics tools and techniques