Research in childhood diseases formally began in 1978 at Children's Hospital Colorado. Today, Children's Colorado is nationally recognized for its excellence in research in the diseases of the newborn, child, and teen.
While the Research Institute is affiliated with the University of Colorado, our offices are centrally located at Children's Hospital Colorado on the 2nd floor of the Administrative Pavilion.
All forms, policies and procedures, and staff contacts are located on My Children's Colorado (Children's Colorado intranet) under the Research Institute Departmental website. If you need online information, but do not have access to Planet TCH, please call the RI office for assistance at 720.777.4798.
Detailed administration and statistical contact information is provided below.
Contacts for Research Administration Support at Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Dawn Ramirez, 720-777-4798, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For general administrative questions
- Post Award Accounting, email@example.com
- For questions or assistance with grant accounting (this includes invoicing, grant reporting, journal entry request, fund balance information, account setup/closeout, patient care charges in EPIC)
- Catie Deines, 720-777-5542, Catie.Deines@childrenscolorado.org
- For questions about any research related agreements (may include: Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Data Use Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, etc.)
- Aaron Mobley, 720-777-8051, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions related to starting a study at CHCO, or questions about the Children’s Research Management System (CRMS)
- Aneesa Syed, 720-777-3351, email@example.com
- For questions or assistance with research labs (costings, requirements, results) or Research Service Requests (RSR).
- Jeannine Duffield, 720-777-2299, Jeannine.Duffield@childrenscolorado.org
- For questions or assistance with interpretation of COMIRB policies and procedures or interpretation of Human Subject Protection regulations, CHCO lab space, biosafety, basic science, study design, compliance, or general research questions.
Statistical Support at Children’s Colorado
- For Junior Investigator awardees (K12, T32, etc.) within the Colorado Clinical Translational Science Institute (CCTSI): contact John Neal at the Colorado Biostatistics Consortium (CBC), Colorado School of Public Health, Building 500 (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 303-724-4364, http://cbc.ucdenver.edu/)
- Statistical advice when submitting applications to the TCHRI and TCH Clinical Translational Research Center (TCH CTRC) may be obtained by e-mail and by appointment from the 4 TCHRI statisticians:
* Jane Gralla (email@example.com, phone 303-724-4359)
* Zhaoxing Pan (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 303-724-4372)
* Dexiang Gao (email@example.com, phone 303-724-4356)
* Jeri Harwood (firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 303-724-4355)
Quick questions, basic help, and short analyses can be obtained from the CBC Research Consulting Lab (RCL), Room 3132, 3rd Floor, Building 500 (phone 303-724-4619). The RCL is currently manned by graduate biostatistics MS and PhD students mostly from 8:00am to 6:00pm during the week. Their main focus is to assist students with their research projects. Please phone for an appointment as these get priority over “drop in” consultations.
- Clinical Translational Science Awards (CTSA) pilot grants are awarded periodically by the CCTSI (http://cctsi.ucdenver.edu/Pages/index.aspx). Statistical support will be provided for awardees. Those not funded can also apply to the TCH CTRC and/or TCHRI for statistical support.
- Please include funds for statistical support in your grant applications!