Welcome to the Division of Reproductive Sciences
Research Cures Disease
A Message from the Division Chief
Thomas Jansson, MD, PhD
Welcome to the Division of Reproductive Sciences, a collaborative and creative environment for scientific discovery! Our vision is a future where specific and effective treatments are available for major disorders affecting women’s reproductive health, including ovarian cancer, infertility, pregnancy complications, and pelvic floor disorders. Our mission is to improve the reproductive health of women through innovative, mechanistic and translational research and through excellence in mentorship of the next generation of reproductive scientists.
The guiding principle for our Division is “Research cures disease”, a belief that motivates our work every day. We have a strong emphasis on teamwork, collaboration and integration with the long-term goal to eliminate barriers between basic scientists, clinical researchers and physicians caring for patients to achieve a seamless transition from bench to bedside.
Our research activities are diverse and span a range of women’s reproductive health issues and include:
- Determining the molecular mechanisms underlying pelvic prolapse
- Developing novel therapies for ovarian cancer
- Investigating the impact of obesity on female reproductive function
- Understanding gonadotropin biology
- Exploring the role of gasotransmitters in myometrial contractility and preterm labor
- Studying the regulation of utero-placental blood flow, maternal metabolism and placental function at high altitude, in maternal obesity, gestational diabetes, and fetal growth restriction